Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoner Books.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Buddha2.0, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Im an avid reader i read everything and anything i can get my hands on. I want to know what some of your guy's favorite books you have read recently so I can check them out. If you have any really good stoner books that you know about share them with me. Im in the process of trying to find a new book to read

2. Naked Lunch William S Burroughs On The Road Jack Kerouac

3. I like malcolm gladwell books. but they're not fiction. kinda just, makes ya think, type books.

A friend of mine was reading house of leaves by mark z. danielewski and it looked like a trippy ass book. it's put together really oddly, you dont read the book in page order and some of the pages are in random colors and fonts and different directions.

4. u should read bret easton ellis' stuff if you havent already

5. is less than zero any good?

6. yes its very good except its not long enough. i like a few of his others much better.

7. sex drugs and cocoa puffs by chuck klosterman

8. On the road by Jack Kerouac is a very good and inspiring book ! Makes you wanna get on the road and visit the world..

If there's any french people that see this, try reading the 4 Francois Avard books. Best author ever in my opinion..

9. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. :devious:

10. I went to Spencers the other day and saw "How to Roll a Joint", "High Times' 420 things to do stoned", "Weed", "Cannabible", and "Cannabis Cookbook".

11. I usually only read to gather knowledge, although a good book is very enjoyable. Books about War have a lot of emotion in them and are usually very well written, with beautiful imagery.

However, if you're looking for more of a philosophical read you could look at works of great philosophers, or pick up some weird trippy book lol.

12. "The Emperor Wears No Clothes," by Jack Herer. Excellent book about the herb.

13. Cheech and Chong's Unauthorized Autobiography by Tommy Chong.

14. Anything by Kerouac i highly suggest. The Subterraneans, On the Road, Big Sur, etc.

Alan Watts is great too, but most of his stuff was on the radio, unless you can find some transcripts of his shows.

15. i just got done reading Crime and Punishment by Fydor Tystoyevsky fucked up book that makes you think about the world and society. If you wanna a read a book high check out Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller or Catch 22 by Joseph Hiller.

16. if you enjoy fairy tales i would check out this book

17. ^ hahahahaha good one.

18. definitely not. i hope you're jokin.

Someone else mentioned House of Leaves. It is a pretty crazy book, there's like 2-3 stories really happening. It's a book about this guys happenings that found this blind guys commentary and thoughts about this movie/house that doesnt exist. goodluck.

19. I'm sure this has already been said, but:\

1. The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
    2. On The Road by Jack Keruac

20. Yea, I just got a laugh out of it.