Stoned and taking pictures

Discussion in 'General' started by Headhunterpipes, Nov 20, 2016.

1. I kinda got the photography bug and hoping some of you guys and gals have a passion for photography too.
    I love to drive around out in the country, smoke a bowl or a joint with my dogs in the back of my pick up and do my photography .
    [​IMG]
    This is my Buddy Boy , and he is one cool dog .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one is different ,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  2. Hey nice pictures man, you clearly got a knack for photography! We got a thread over in the science section called 'Wonders of Nature' where people can post all the awesome pics they've taken of nature etc. We'd welcome your awesome pics! I'll link it here Wonders of Nature
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Wonders-of-Nature.1378503/

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dude keep posting -- these are great!!!!

I didn't know I was into Photography xD xD or you got a knack or something

All i seem to take pictures of is Buds, Glass and my Cat xP xP

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nice start you have a good eye for framing/blocking. What camera do you use? Not criticizing but looks like you use the Auto mode mostly. When I learned how to properly use the Aperature/Shutter Priority modes my pics went to a whole new level.

Curious what your setup is, pls let us know!

• Like Like x 2
  5. No and yes on the auto mode Some of those photos are when I first got a camera which are auto .
    Now I only shoot in Manuel, trying to expand my photography knowledge .[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Very nice.. that's like $15-20k worth of pro equipment.. I'd never be able to spend that kind of cash on the L series or the full frame camera like a 5d. My uncle owns a studio and doesn't even have that level of equip.

Notice you have a macro setup.. which lens and ring?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi
    I bought 90% of my gear used out of a photography forum . New you would be about right with all the studio lighting about 20 K.
    Used was about half.
    I got the 5dmK II gripped with 1500 actuations with a RSS l bracket for 1450.00 .
    I think the guy was a professional wedding photographer, bought the camera and lens for just that job then sold off all of the equipment
    I am learning and having fun doing it.

I think the lens you are thinking is a Macro is a EFS 10 22mm lens for a t3i.

Two lenses on my wish list is a 85mm 1.2
    100mm macro .

I would like to own a EF 600mm.

9. Nice.. that's a hell of a savings
    My one splurge was the MPe 65mm f/2.8 macro and I love it. Takes great 1:1 shots but the learning curve was frustrating. Previously had the 60mm which is more versatile but lacked the clarity and super super narrow focal range.

Using a 70d so even second hand those nice lenses would be wasted on me. Always curious about the second hand market but never pursued it.. could you possibly send me the name of the forum you use? I'd love to check it out.

11. PM sent .

Jimmy , I forgot to mention some lighting in my pm as in white lightening 1800 made by Paul C Buff.
    I would love to get a photography thread going .
    I am not a professional , I have gear and like or very much enjoy photography .
    I studied photographing non metallic smooth surfaces .
    Because I photograph allot of pool cues .

You get to the west PM me . < bring your camera <
    I promise you we will have a good time .

12. Very nice. You got some real talent.
    One thing I like about this forum is as much as people put a negative stigma on pot heads.
    We're generally more down to earth and from what I seen on this forum most people are very friendly and enjoy giving positive reinforcement to people and their passions and hobbies.
    Main stream society may think all us weed fiends are delinquents. But all I gotta say about that is dont judge a fucking book by its cover lol.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Well I'm one of those few that don't think photography is an art, but nice pictures homie. Like they said keep it up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just curious as to why you don't consider photography an art form?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Because you are taking instead of creating. Snap a few pictures off, an then try an say it's art. I mean some shots are just astounding but the people who get those shots would be considered artists but it really depends. Like national geographic, but just taking pictures an then trying to say it's a work of art. Nah man, gimme something that someone has crafted from nothing into something, all with their hands, knowledge an application. Like painting, sculpting etc. Those are true works of art, someone that pours their soul into it. But also, pictures can convey the moment as well, so in defining moments, those pictures could be works of art. But yeah that's my opinion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Art is and always will be subjective. A lot of what's in galleries these days I hardly consider creation. Pollock's Modern Abstract Impressionism is just a bunch of paint splattered about. Warhol really just did some clever lithography. They're considered some of the greatest artist of the 20th century.

Doesn't matter so much as what it took to get there it's what the piece makes the beholder see and feel.

If it elicits an emotion, I say it's art. This moment brought a tear to my eye..
    IMG_4062.JPG

That's art.

17. Thank you for the kind words .
    I would like to explain my photography .
    It came out in this thread that I have at least 10 k invested into photography gear .
    And I am not a professional photographer ,
    The reason I had to get into photography is because of mainly I am a online seller of Custom pool cues and billiard products .
    The other reason and I haven't said much but is because I made my own CNC router ( the machine in this video ).
    I have been learning CAD/CAM on my own .which has been a nightmare because I do not have a formal education......
    I had to have a camera and know photography to do this .
    I take a photograph of a persons face or anything ............
    Cars , dogs mountains , people anything I can photograph I can do this with that image .
    The video is a little long but this is what I can do with my pictures with the CNC I made .
    This is not my video , this video inspired me to do the same thing .

Thinking out side of the box ,, I made my machine 90 days after waking up out of a coma .
    I was blind in one eye , no longer had a job , zero income ...
    I had to do something fast. and I was 70 pounds lighter .
    I invested all my money into doing wood working .
    That was 7 years ago ....

I WOULD FF THE VIDEO IT IS A LITTLE LONG

18. Love those pictures of the German Shepherds!!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. Way cool picture .
    Ya I am a sucker for animals ...