stone mason

Discussion in 'General' started by parka10, Jun 3, 2012.

1. are there any stone masons on here?

2. you mean freemason??

3. that might be what Americans call it. its someone thats builds natural stone walls

4. I giggled

5. #5 Chrismittty, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
    As in Literal Stone Masons? :confused_2:

I Have a book on Masonry (the building and sealing up walls and floors and shit with mortar and rocks type)

6. Flemian, you need to watch a little less conspiracy videos and a little more HGTV.

7. I used to know one...He actually created a stone hammer that he hung on his wall by thick gauge chains from the roof.

That shit was fuckin' killer...Never met another one though.:cool:

8. #8 Judgement, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
    From the age of 16 about, maybe younger, took a few years off to go to college for computer science (yeah drastic career change huh?) Worked as a programmer for a few years.. decided I hated the people I worked with/for and went back to masonry while I decided on what would really make me happy.. So not currently working in masonry anymore.. but yeah, I am a Brick and Stone Mason (which is what I guess we would call it here, that's what the Union for it is called, but I just say I am a mason)

9. Why because I made a joke?

Murzy, you need to pay attention to yourself and a little less on what other people say ON A COMPUTER.

10. ^^ just because I laughed at you doesn't mean it was a joke ;)

11. hey, don't stone me!

12. haha, I'm a stoned mason.. ;)

sometimes I'm so slow.. I shoulda found the humor in the fact I work with stone while stoned yearsss ago!

13. didnt see this one coming :rolleyes:

14. Well what I wanted to know is what this type of stone is called?
    I am a bricklayer and never done this before but all I got to do is raise it 300mm so should be all bood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. If I understand correctly you want to know the actual name of the rock so you can get some to add to it. Unfortunately, these pictures aren't enough. I suggest you break one off and take a high res pic of the inside so we can see. I can't guarantee that we can tell you what it is because of what is involved in the identification of rocks, but I can give it a shot.

If I have to I'll ask someone that would know (I know a geologist).

Also Flemian, if you made a joke then you wouldn't be retaliating. Stop being so sensitive about what people say "on a computer." Because what I said was a joke. :)