Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stomach Pain

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Day Day, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Does anyone else get stomach pains and can't eat, when they take a break from blazing? Is it part of withdrawals for a heavy smoker like me??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 patty-ant, Mar 13, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    Yes. Much to my dismay, cannabis resin (I think) irritates my stomach. I have a still un-diagonsed gi tract problem, like gastritis, or alcoholic gastritis. My current flare up is on day 8. In 7 days the only solid food I ate was a bean burrito and I had about 8 hours of sleep.

After stopping alcohol months ago, I began using CBD, then CBN, not knowing that CBN is pyschoactive. The result was more helpful to me than any medication for anxiety/depression I've ever taken. So, I began consuming THC, and pretty quickly got to where 300mg of THC from RSO or FECO extract, eaten, feels pleasantly warm..

If I consume cannabis as an edible in amounts like 300mg at one time, oil/resin something not easy to digest hits my stomach and that triggers a series of painful reactions.

It is the same if I vape. It feels like, the resin from the vapor eventually makes it's way down to my stomach, and the same thing happens.

I think it is the resin in large amounts that hurts my stomach. With edible oil, I can feel the oil in my stomach, and the irritation that results. With vaping, I can feel resin very very slowly making it's way down to my stomach.

Hopefully, if my stomach has had time to heal for a while (n weeks maybe, without consuming cannabis through my stomach), I can return to taking my desperately needed medication (THC).

Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome (CVS) https://www.cvsaonline.org/what-is-cvs/
    Cannabinoid Hyperemisis Syndrome (CHS) What is Scromiting? = Screaming + Vomiting + A Large Dose of THC

People scream/vomit for days or weeks on end. From what researchers have said, it sounds like this is not about stomach irritation, but a reaction to the psychoactive effects of THC for heavy users.

Unfortunately there are some very toxic comments from people on this website, reacting to people asking about this. I would hope for supportive and compassionate responses from people, favoring people over cannabis.

A suppository, is one way to consume cannabis, without touching the stomach, but this does not get you the psychoactive effects of cannabis, which I desperately need medicinally.

While I am treating my GI tract problem, I am avoiding cannabis. Hopefully reducing the amount consumed will allow me to continue use in the future. But, I don't know yet.

Please, please, please, don't tell people what to do, even if you think you know. Listen and respond positively to people who are in crisis