Stomach/abs feel...different

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Bluntzilla420, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Long story short: I lost over 30 pounds in about the past year and I work out just about every day. I have noticed that as I lose weight and do ab workouts and straight up cardio, my midsection has been looking a lot better (as expected).

But I feel like my stomach/abs sometimes hurt and I'm wondering whether that is from my body changing drastically in a relatively short period of time, or whether it's just me working my abs out too much. I realize that abs have a harder time showing up if you have fat, but I hope I didn't tear any muscles or anything...

2. you tear your muscles every time you workout. ive torn muscles before and it was pretty easy to figure out. just take a few days off of abs and see how they feel after a short break.

3. Yeah but his digestive organ, the stomach, shouldn't be hurting from doing any exercise.

Stop isolating your abdominal muscles if you want to work them out. Use exercises that incorporate the abdominal muscles in natural positions and movements like high-kicks, planks, soccer, jump-lunges, one-legged squats, and 'the turkish one arm stand up' if you feel comfortable in that you'll keep good form throughout the entire movement.