Stolen vehicle

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by FallenOne08214, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Just woke up to find out someone stole our 84 Chevy Silverado! Just fixed it up, as well as, washed and waxed yesterday! I have a feeling it had to be someone in the neighborhood who saw.

2. Was it inshured?

3. Not sure if my parents have full coverage on it or just liability. :'( that truck has been with us for 16 years.

4. true, don't you have to get at leasst 3rd party, fire and theft with your rego in the states? That sucks about your car but mate. I'd keep an eye out for it, if it's an old car the engine wont be worth shit in parts and i doubt whoever stole it is gonna go to all the effort to strip it back to the shell to sell. Itll probably show up. Damn deadbeats rippin off a car youve worked on for so long.

5. The engine is great. Practically new. Did have a pretty nasty oil leak, as well as, water leak. Hopeful it broke down and they abandoned it. The cops here are fairly worthless. :( can only wait now. Might drive around and see if it's broke down somewhere.

6. Damn that sucks shorty . . . hopefully you get it back in 1 piece . . . .

7. Are you sure it was stolen and you didn't lose it?

8. It was out there at 12:45 when I went to bed. Sometime betwee then and 4am, it was jacked. Called cops at 5. They showed up at 8.

9. Probably some joyriders since I doubt they'd strip it for parts, but who knows.

good luck man, I've been there, it blows

liability should cover theft btw

10. Yeah if its an old car it was probably just some kids joyriding. I'd bet it shows up.

11. I'd say it's kids too if it wasn't taken the night after working on it all day. Had that baby purring, washed, waxed....man I fuckin hate dumbasses. Time to put up a camera system and get a couple glocks.

12. no doubt the police will find it. people rarely get away with this shit

13. I hope this doesn't insult anyone but i really hope it's not on a reserve, Happened to my ex and her truck got taken and they found it on the reserve....Couldn't do anything about it.

14. I don't even think we have any reserves here. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty much in Dallas.

15. They found our truck! Steering column damage and they stole the bettery, but it's been recovered!

16. i just hope you have receipts for everything you did to the vehicle.

17. [quote name='"FallenOne08214"']They found our truck! Steering column damage and they stole the bettery, but it's been recovered![/quote]

Glad to hear it :) A little worse for wear, but better to have it back than not at all!

18. Insurance will cover damage under uninsured hit and run. :)

19. Good news bro, shame some prick nicked it in the first place.

20. Radiator is gone too. Fucked up all the hoses. They left a really nice knife though.