Still working

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenthumbber, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Hey all, you may see my questions pop up every now and then trying to get my setup going right, and at my stonerly pace it may take until next season. But recently things have been kinda moving along, and my spot is shaping up nicely. Id like to get some pics up, but i cant find my card reader.
    The spot is 6 feet tall, about 5 and and half feet across, and 5 feet deep. 3 of the concrete walls are painted flat white, and the 4th wall is a sheet of cool insulation board with a silvery coating. I made a false ceiling out of styrofoam to cover the rafters and all that mess. I have a 400 watt MH with 360 watt HPS conversion mounted in the center with a fan to pull air through it. i have also got a timer, thermometer, other fans, nutrients, big bulky carbon scrubber, and most of the nicknacks a grow needs.

Question One: Should I paint the floor, or should i save what paint i have for touch ups. I hear its pointless, but looking at my grow room, i imagine it being a lot brighter in there with the floor painted. Or would plant occupation cast shade on the floor anyways?

Question Two: How many plants? Keep in mind i would be starting from seed. Should i just see how many suitable soil pots i can fit in there and load them up, or should i only have a few to distribute light to. im considering buying myself a couple vanity light mounts so i could get like 10 cfls in there too. If I got those and filled up the room with plants, would i expect popcorn buds, or would the cfls and 360 watts of HPS be robust enough to give me nice hunky buds?

Sorry for the long post, but with your help, my room will soon be in functioning order with a battle plan. Any questions, just ask. Hope to have some pics up soon. Thanks, GC.

-Thumb