Still need some help even after reading...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trix311, Jul 12, 2007.

1. So ive read and read and done searches but seems like it ethier confuses me or i get lost reading way to much. I plan on growing 3 plants...it seems to me that after reading cfls work well for the veg stage. and then of course moving on to hps for flowering. now my question is.. how much wattage is needed per plant roughly during the veg stage and what cfls work best during this stage. and also same question but for hps and the flowering stage.

2. Use the cool blue or daylight CFLs. They have the bluish-white light rather than the yellow lights of normal CFLs. If you don't plan on vegging them to be very big, then about 4 CFL's should do the trick. I basically used 1 26watt CFL per plant in veg and always had good growth and nodal spacing. They don't put out much heat so you can get them very close to the plants. For flowering I believe the standard is around 100watts per plant. A 250watt HPS would be fine for 3 plants but if you can deal with the heat a 400watter would be even better.

3. You could just buy a 400 watt hps and use that for the entire grow...

4. Traditionally Blue spectrum (MH, daylight cfls 6500k) are used for veg, and the Red spectrum (HPS, soft white cfls 2700k) are used for flowering. Some say 100w per plant, but I like to stick to the regimen of 10,000 lumens per plant when using cfls or HIDs.

5. right on yeah thats about what ive been seeing everyone say...just wanted to make sure. but sounds good i already have 3 bad little seeds planted ones about an inch big haha..i keep checking them like every 5 minutes thinking they are going to be bigger then the last time i checked lol. i cant wait!

6. ok another question...lol now this might sound retarded but mind you im trying to make sure everything is correct. and i know for a fact im over thinking everything but whatever. now when you say 250w hps for 3 plants, i can guest get ONE 250w hps bulb right? or would getting smaller ones that total 250w and have them all around the plants be better?

7. It would be one 250w bulb and ballast.