Stiff, dry feeling plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Spanky23, Feb 15, 2009.

1. The grow I'm involved with is in a friends attic. So he is almost exclusively caring for them. I have been over to check on them about 5 times so far. Last night I noticed out of the 10 girls(WW)...2 or 3 of them felt crisp or dry to the touch, while the other felt fine. The color looked fine, it was only the feel.

They are in 4 gal. buckets of MG dirt(that will be changed for next grow). PH tested out around 6.5. They are about 7 weeks into flower so some of the leaves are dying and falling of naturally. But a few are kinda stiff throughout the plant. I asked him if they were getting enough water. He waters twice a week once with nutes(FF) and once without.

I'm thinking maybe not enough water, but how would I tell if it was a root problem?
    Also we want to reveg these girls and clone from a couple. When we transplant into better dirt, what is the best way? Lightly know the dirt from the roots, rinse, and plant?

2. If they weren't getting enough water, they would be soft and wilted. It sounds like a nutrient burn problem. You are probably pretty close to being done with your cycle, so there will be some yellowing ocurring naturally as the plant uses up the last nutrients. A good flush at this point wouldn't hurt anything.

3. Yeah, they yellowing didn't concern me too much. I just thought it wierd a couple of the plants felt stiff and the others were fine. The grow is in dirt and I don't think our dirt drains very well. That's why we are changing mediums next time. Will stop feeding soon and use only water for a couple times then nothing till the end. We are feeding with foxfarm at about 1/2 strength and have only been using it for a couple weeks. We started at 4 or 5 weeks into flower.