Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sticky = dryness or potency?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JoePain25, May 4, 2012.

1. Does sticky weed have more moisture/water weight? Then would eventually dry up and become less sticky?

Or does it mean it must be high in THC, and wouldn't dry up at all? Why aren't other frosted up strains sticky then, purely genetics or water in THC that dried up possibly? Don't want to pay for water weight eh.

Getting mixed results off the web, trying to get the fact here. thanks a bunch.

2. No facts here, but stickyness does normally mean the bud is potent, not to say buds that arent sticky arent potent, but stick buds are almost always dank buds.

Doesnt the stickyness come from the trichs?

3. Huh...i thought it was the resin glands that make it all sticky?

4. Maybe im stupid, but dont the resin glands produce the trichs, and thc?
    The resin is some sort of natural defense mechanism?
    Idk, i want to learn, so correct me if im wrong, dont know to much about the plant, i just smoke it. ;)

5. Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've been browsing these forums for years and I've learned a lot, but I still don't know enough as I feel like I should about the plant itself.

But stickiness is generally associated with a lot of trichomes. Weed that hasn't been dried properly won't feel more sticky, it will just feel more wet.

The wet/dryness is more about the texture and overall feel of the plant matter than the amount of stickiness.

6. the sticky-ness, is the trichomes. If you have ever felt hash oil, you would get it lol... hash oil is the most treacherously sticky shit around. But they can dry out and become less sticky... im not sure the science behind that, but... sticky bud is usually just not COMPELTELY dry, not wet, but not dry...

7. sticky means goodness!

8. Resin production is used for catching male pollen.

9. Sticky - Good cure with lots of resiny trichomes (DANK)
    Wet/moist - recently chopped, uncured, not even fully dried, smells/tastes like hay/wet grass, usually a homegrow cash cropper with no TLC for the nugz.

10. THIS. The drying/curing process can make or break a harvest. Easily.