Stereotype: Wicca

Discussion in 'General' started by Willow1138, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If there's anything I've learned during my time on GC, it's that the majority of you are fairly ignorant to what it truly means to be Wiccan.
    Before I say anything, I'm already fully aware of who will be stopping by to give their two cents...
    I'm talking about you Tadealis, and you Twistedd. Let's not forget about August West and Sade! Table4too is shadowing me and Yuri could be my new stalker. Yall might as well subscribe to me if you love me so much!
    I already know what you've got to say to say about Wicca, and I don't care. I still can't seem to figure out how you guys can even see to type, what with your heads up your asses and all.
    If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Didn't that little rabbit teach you people anything?
    This is a peaceful thread I'm creating to help enlighten those who actually care to better understand what it means to practice Wicca, and to help end the outrageous and downright ridiculous stereotypes that have poisoned your minds.
    If you still fail to wrap your head around the very simple concept of what it truly means to be Wiccan after reading this, then you blades must be dumber than I thought, seriously.

I'll break it down into 10 general points.

1. You do not have to wear black lipstick to be Wiccan, and quite frankly, the fact that I have to explain this is very sad.
    2. True Wiccans do NOT practice black magick. I'll say it again, you literally cannot call yourself a Wiccan if you practice dark magick.
    3. You technically don't even need to practice magick at all to be Wiccan, it's just something some Wiccans choose to do. I personally have never cast a spell in my life.
    4. Wiccans do not worship or follow any deity. We have the Horned God and the Mother; they merely represent our sun, moon, Earth and everything on it. They are not literal beings we pray to.
    5. Wicca does not have rules that must be followed, or punishments/rewards for following/breaking any 'rules'.
    6. The one thing you could classify as a 'rule' would be the Rede. As a Wiccan, we live our lives following only one thing, "an it harm none, do as ye will" which simply means "as long as you're not hurting anybody, do whatever the fuck you want". The Rede is more of a moral code as oppose to a rule; something you choose to follow as a Wiccan.
    7. One of the biggest misconceptions is that Wiccans are witches. In order to be a witch, you must practice magick; like I said before, not all Wiccans practice magick.
    8. Witches are evil. False. Again, as a Wiccan, we choose not to practice dark magick, so how on earth could we be evil?
    9. Wiccans are pretty much just a bunch of hippies. We just love one another and live and let live. We love our Earth and everything on it, and we take care of it.
    10. Wiccans are pagans so therefor were evil and worship satan. Oh yeah, you got me, I was actually going to go slaughter a goat in lucifers name right after this. <- fucking seriously? As I already said, we don't practice black magick, most aren't even 'witches', we don't praise/worship/follow any deity.

Wicca is a very peaceful 'religion', it's a lifestyle choice that I would recommend to anyone; I have never felt so whole since discovering Wicca.
    This picture is the stereotype I am trying to break. Hilarious as it may be, it is so wrong in so many ways. Completely missed the mark. That is some goth chick going through a phase and that is nowhere close to what TRUE Wiccans are. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436678745.512922.jpg

2. #2 Royksopp, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    Damn girl, you've posted the same thread in 7 other subforums. Why are you spamming? Also you can't claim that this is a peaceful thread but start the post insulting and calling members out...

3. "That is some goth chick going through a phase and that is nowhere close to what TRUE Wiccans are."

Complete and utter opposite of what she was trying to achieve. All it did was make me wanna smash my head into my monitor...

4. #4 Lenny., Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    i went from ignorant and neutral about wiccans to having a very negative view

thanks OP

glad i wasn't called out lol

5. Lol

6. I thought this was some form of wiggers..

Fucking lol this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. The only thing you've taken from gc is that the majority here is uneducated on what it means to be wiccan?

That makes it okay for you to disregard Wiccan - ism to post about it while simultaneously insulting people who frequent the forums?

You say you have discovered wicca, and feel whole because of it. Yet not once have you mentioned following wiccan teachings. Nor do you employ their ideals.

What I get from your post is that you argued with certain people about what a wiccan is, then made multiple threads in an attempt to justify wiccan iddology, while simultaneously insulting those who previously argued with you.

In other words, your entire motive is hypocritical and is based on unfounded egoism - at least from what I can tell.

I am trying to be nice by preventing you from embarrassing yourself further.

8. This is why everyone thinks wiccans are freaks!

9. Not even close, but nice try.

10. If you would point out how my perception differed from your intent, so that I may understand you better, that would be very kind of you.

I want to understand you.

11. Willow just shut the fuck up. U spammin that wican dumbshit.

12. Cast a spell on these nuts

13. Please help me.

14. oh god... I fought it. I really did. But the evil... the evil.. it just wouldn't be tamed:

I blame you Boomhauer.

15. Most of those points don't tell us anything about Wicca. 8/10 told us what you don't do and a couple of them repeat. Can you tell us what you actually do or believe? Any form of testimony. You're going to educate us right?

16. The point of this post is to break Wiccan stereotypes. You're doing the exact same thing you did in my other post. Instead of asking questions and discussing what my post ISNT about, try commenting on what it actually IS about.

18. Im not gonna let the succubus get to me!!!!

19. How are we suppose to talk about what something isn't if we don't know what it is? What you're telling us to talk about the actuality of is literally talking about what it isn't. Please just stop and use logic for one fucking minute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.