Stereo

Discussion in 'General' started by FuckBeerGetWeed, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Yo whats a nice ass stereo system to get? something i could set up in my basement. not too big....like maybe a subwoofer?

2. Depends on what your gonna use it for

3. uhhh party hard

4. How much are you looking to spend?

5. #5 Outis, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
    A few years back I took a home theater amplifier and wired some gigantic speakers to it, including rigging a 14" car subwoofer to it.

It bumped and it was all second hand (goodwill and garage sales)

All I had to buy new was ... speaker wire, and an audio cable adapter from Radio Shack that fit a standard speaker cable (looks like a headphone plug but on both ends) that ran from my laptop to the auxiliary input on the main home theater amp. The auxiliary input was the same type of plug, but a few sizes too big.

6. yo i got sum logitech speakers here like 5 watts if ur interested

7. #7 Shpongle, Dec 15, 2011
    Depends on your budget. For under $200 I'd recommend Klipsch - ProMedia 2.1 Speaker System (3-Piece) - Black - KLIPSCH PRO.

I've got that exact system and it bumps quite nicely. It tends to taper off once you go below ~35 hz but most songs won't get that low. The only song that doesn't sound "proper" is: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzxwNgBZqkw]Caspa - Rubber Chicken - YouTube[/ame]

It still sounds good but it just barely misses the deep bass notes. The high frequency response is fantastic. No crackling whatsoever.

Edit: 1,000th post.

8. go to the flea market. the puerto ricans always got some bangin systemes for sale

9. #9 FuckBeerGetWeed, Dec 15, 2011
    Yeah haha maybe i can get some shit off the black market.

You guys watch the show Breaking Bad? I'm trying to get the system Jesse has in season 4 with the trippy lights. You know the one he uses in episode 2 to party with badger and pete for like 4 days straight

Something similar

10. Depends what you wanna use it for, i bought these (link below) and they are fuckin' awesome, had them for a couple of months and ive never had a problem

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harman-Kardon-Soundsticks-Channel-Multimedia/dp/B003ZXDOMA/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1323966481&sr=8-10]Harman Kardon Soundsticks III 2.1 Channel Multimedia: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics[/ame]