Stepping backwards?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by addlestoner, Oct 6, 2011.

1. #2 NefariousBredd, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    I think this is complete bullshit, as always. Fear mongering and trying to create dangers to justify their existence.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that regular marijuana consumers can regulate their intake just as well, if not easier, than consumers of alcohol? If I want to be social, I have a few beers. Sometimes, when I celebrate, I tank a few shots. Sometimes I get drunker than I want to, recognize this, and so I slow down until I'm comfortable again. I't called responsible consumption. Marijuana is exactly the same. If you smoke too much, it's not as fun, simply put. Everyone has a "sweet spot".

It's not like you have to smoke an entire blunt to the dome every time you blaze. Is the concept of taking a couple of puffs and passing really that foreign to these people? From what planet where these creatures spawned? It wan't Earth...

These types of reports make clear one important fact:

The people who oppose marijuana know absolutely nothing about consuming marijuana. Great choice of people to place in charge of our freedoms and liberties.

If anything, more active content in your marijuana means FAR less burnt plant matter into your lungs. Isn't this one of their major arguments against marijuana as medicine? How may times are they going to contradict themselves? God this pisses me off.

/endrant

2. the Netherlands like any democracy moves back and forth on social issues including drug policies. Recently the country, reacting to race & immigration issues(bigotry) has turned to the right. Conservative concepts of drugs as a criminal rather than social health issue is the sop the center uses to get conservative cooperation on other issues. (just like in our country:( ) However it is the Netherlands we are talking about. Not the end of the world folks.

3. #4 NefariousBredd, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    It's true, but we already have Nazi drug warrior politicians, like Mark Kirk in Illinois, who what stiffer penalties for marijuana with over 15% THC content. Like they expect us to carry field test kits in our back pockets?

This argument has been gaining a lot of momentum here over the years. Peter Guither at DrugWarrant.com has covered it extensively and has some excellent blogs on the topic.

Illinois Congressman Mark Kirk Doesn't Understand Cannabis | WhyProhibition.ca

4. I want to point out an error in my previous post. I had initially stated that Mark Kleiman was responsible for this. It was, in fact, Mark Kirk, and Illinois rep. Bad copy / paste on my part.

5. The above Drug Warrior Politician is why drug policy as a whole has to be removed from the criminal arena altogether. Public health policy discussions is the proper venue for drug issues to be debated. Assholes like congressman Kirk, willing to use a subject he knows nothing about for raw political gain must be kept from being the driving force behind national policy.