Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Step by step Instructions for a small Glass bong

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Barnkis, Aug 12, 2008.

1. In recreational it got hardly any attention, so ill post it for you experienced blades.

In This Guide i will show you how to make a homemade glass bong with a slide.
    All pieces can be purchased from a hardware store for under $25.

Parts:

• 1/2 Inch Plastic tubing
    • 3/8 Inch Clear Rubber tubing
    • "Nuts & Sleeves" set (For attaching tubes to a joint)
    • Bowl shaped Fixture (For attaching tubes)
    • Glass coke bottle
    • A package of Pipe screens (Your choice)
    • Hot Glue
    • Drill press
    • Electrical tape
    • Hammer
    • scissors

Here is what your work area should look like. I forgot the sleeve, check the picture below this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 1: drilling the Glass
    Start out with the smallest metal drill bit you can find and drill through the glass, about 1/2way up the bottle. Keep it cool and wet to prevent shattering, you don't need a glass drill bit. If you get "Stuck" like i did, and you cant drill through with the small bit anymore, carefully use a nail and hammer to tap through the hole. Once you have a small hole, gradually use a bigger drill bit untill you reach a size of about 1/2 inch. From here, carefully use a hammer to tap the sides of the hole to make it bigger. It sounds dangerous, but it wont crack the glass, it will enlarge the whole. Once you have a hole big enough for the 1/2 Inch Tubing, move on.

[​IMG]

Step 2: attaching the slide/downstem
    Cut a piece of 1/2 plastic tubing about an inch long. Angle it downward so the bottom is pointed to the bottom of the glass piece, and hot glue it thoroughly, making sure it is airtight.

[​IMG]

Step 3: slide and bowl
    The rubber tubing fits inside the plastic tubing and creates an airtight seal. Cut a piece of 3/8 rubber tubing long enough so it can go through the downstem and reach the bottom of the bottle and still have about 1 inch sticking out of the top. (about 5-6 inches, depending on where you drilled the hole) This is for pulling out the slide, because you wont want to touch the bowl as it gets very hot.

[​IMG]

Here's the trickiest part. Screw the Bowl peice into one of your Nuts.
    Now, slide one end of your rubber tubing inside the nut, as far as it will go. Slide the sleeve up to that point, and glue it in place. Glue the sleeve to the bottom of the nut, and the tube to the sleeve. You now how a slide and bowl! The bowl can also screw off for cleaning purposes. Use your electrical tape to tape over the glue and Nut. It will look better, and protect the joints.

Screw it in like this
    [​IMG]
    Glue it all like this
    [​IMG]

Step 4: Assembly and use
    Fill with about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of water through the mouthpiece. Insert the pipe screen of your choice into the bowl.Slide the bowl and slide into the downstem and light a bowl of your favorite weed. When you are done with your hit, pull out the slide and clear your chamber. The downstem works as a carb! It is very easy to clean and assemble/disassemble, and hits like a pro. Enjoy!

The Final Product

[​IMG]

2. #2 The_genius, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
    Your downstem connection with the bowl is too complicated. You can buy what is called a barbed connection that will slide into the tube for an airtight connection.

See?

http://www.freewebs.com/kortheal/Pictures/DSC00198.JPG
    http://www.freewebs.com/kortheal/Pictures/DSC00199.JPG
    http://www.freewebs.com/kortheal/Pictures/DSC00200.JPG

Other than that it's a great design. I wouldn't use hot glue though...I'd use RTV used in automotive stuff. It's made to handle temperatures much higher than your lighter will put out before it breaks down. But I do love the design. The coke bottle is simply CLASSIC!!

Good stuff!

The Genius...

3. Thanks for the tips bro. Once its all glued together the bowl just slides right out for repacking + clearing the chamber.

its funny because its a Coca-Cola Classic

4. Why don't you just use a proper bowl head? Sick design though, I have one made out of a Sobe bottle.