Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Stems Wilting, half of plant dying please help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MaryJoe420, Aug 8, 2017.

1. I am growing outdoor in soil. It started with only one stem wilting and has now moved on to almost half my plant. The stem is turning a white-ish color and is spreading. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Give some info, type of nutes, how often? What soil? And is that a huge split/hole in the stem?

3. Is anything munching on the roots?

4. Ff ocean forest w/ some added perlite & coco husk. I have have not been feeding liquids nutes, simply have mixed correct amount of dr earth dry granular nutrients in the beginning and waiting 2 months, then added correct amount of flowering nutes(same brand/type). Same thing was done to my others and this one is only one with issue. White stem on side is growing and branches connected are dying. Thinking possibly fungus issue?

5. I'll have to investigate, thanks.

6. Last year I had one of my plants fuck up like that. It was ANTS. They were living in the roots and moved up into the stem. So now I control the ants in my garden. No problem this year. Yet. Fingers crossed.

7. Oh really, how did you find out they were the problem? Were they just everywhere in the soil?

8. On my plant more than half the plant was affected. So what i did was just cut off the dry half. When I cut into the stalk there were hundreds of ants living inside.

9. Damn ok I'll have to do the same and see. Thanks I appreciate it