stems turning purple.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ablepipeman, Aug 29, 2009.

1. I have 3 plants that the stems off the stalks are turning a redish purple. I think it is because for the last week it gets down in the 50's at night........not showing any signs of it being mg def. any opinions? no pics my wife has the camera with her..damn

2. bump......ummmm...hello!? lol

3. Either it cold or you haven't been watering well...

4. I water all of them at the same time, every couple of days, so i will go with the cold at night lol..thanks

5. We need to see some pics.

If your stems are solid purple you have a problem. If you light light purple streeks you are okay. Here is a pic of a plant that is sick. It is not genitics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I saw a pic I can tell you wants up. You must remember that purple is not always gentics.

6. 5150 i will take a pic tomorrow and post it. its not solid purple just half of each stem is....another prob is my dog broke a main cola ( i topped some of them) off a plant that had just showed hairs, will that hermie it? I am afraid it will.

7. choch it is a bagseed. my first grow so i didnt wanna spend money on seeds i may kill.

8. Hard to say. I would just keep an eye out for bannasa. Thats what the pollin saks look like on hermies. Little bananas.

9. i have some plants growing now, some of which have purple stems that turn green as they grow up, or they fade to green on either the stalk side, or the leaf side

10. sniper thats what mine are doing

11. Thats normal. As long as they are fading to green. You do not really need to worry until it goes solid down the whole stem.

12. what if it is solid down the stem though? What does that mean?

13. on mine it's just the stems of the fan leaves that are purple and it's only on the top of the stem, the bottom is still green and the main stem is as well. Anyone having this problem? I think it is the strain but i am not sure.

14. Some strains have different "phenos". AK-47 has a purple pheno which causes the plants buds and stems to get a purple tint. Maybe you have a different pheno of your plant

15. The purple in the fan leaf stem is 100% normal on most all MJ plants.

16. when that happend to me i switched my lights from 24 to 18 6 and they went away after about a week mabey less someone told me it could have ben not enough nutes but i fixed it without nutes so idk i thaught it was strain too but it went away

17. ok here is 3 pics of the purple-ish stems hope this helps....i am pretty sure its the pheno or genetics of the plant. I know the plant is fairly small, I started the plant only about 4 weeks ago and I know not to expect alot as far as smoke. I had a few bagseed left and thought what the hell. outta 5 plants i have 3 females and 1 is 4 ft tall which was started early this year and i was afraid it would turn out male so i threw some more in. The soil looks shity but it is burried in good soil I just didnt wanna draw attention to the area so i scattered rocks and native soil around it.

Attached Files: