Stem question?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by calichakra, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Okay, So this is my 1st grow, I believe I am on my way to greatness. My favorite plant has been leafing and growing well, but as of last night it the top has been sagging to about 10 O'clock. I spiked it overnight and it is still leaning this morning. My question is, does this always happen, will it straighten out? and are there any negative effects for spiking a plant (giant toothpicks and hemp rope loosely tied) for say a week?

2. not a good sign at all my friend...check out the sick plants forum for more help with this.

3. what's going on with the grow? Heavy rain? Too dry? Insect infestation? Not enough info to form an opinion (and in my case, being quick to jump to conclusions, that's saying a lot)

4. Giant toothpicks?

I agree with OldSkool, not enough info, but I am going to go out on a limb here -- you are growing indoors and your plant is stretching for light, so much so that the stem is too thin to hold the top up. Just a guess with hardly anything to go on, post some more details and pics.

And thanks to Hempress the Spamkiller!

5. *takes a bow* :D

6. could be overwatering as well!
    but like he said, without pics, or more details, its hard to say for sure.

just a thought.

7. Hey, I represent that.

8. what, do you give advice when you are not qualified to?
    or do you just agree with the sentiment?

9. :) a little of both probably. I don't think that I've given bad advice, but I have been corrected.

10. everyone gets corrected once and awhile,
    I just think that people who havn't a clue should stick to asking Q's & not guess and talk shit!
    I couldnt care less about how many posts somebody has, that means shit to me. its all in what you say and how you say it! No?

11. Yes. I guess I'm still too new (a total noob actually). I just filter the BS. and keep on.

I can see where if you see enough of it you'd get tired of calling bullshit when you see it.
    :hide: