Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stem Green Dragon or Tincture?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Cannabliss88, Nov 22, 2011.

1. #1 Cannabliss88, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    I want to extract the thc from my dank stems into alcohol.

Can I just toss them into a jar of Everclear?

Should I break them up first?

Has anyone ever done this?

Does anyone know how to or have a recipe?

2. with stems i would not grind them. there are already a few really good tincture recipes on here (i suggest wild wills glycerin tincture, thats what i do with my mj rubbish like stems and avb) so i wish you luck!

3. #3 Cannabliss88, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
    Word, thanks man I'll have to look that up for sure.

So no need to grind. Cool.

I like the idea of having a readymade thc infused concoction I can down at any time should I ever really need it for my head while im on this tolerance break.

Edit: Plus rep for taking the time to point me in the right direction toward a reliable recipe(s) and for being the only one to answer my thread :)

4. no problem man. the glycerin is perfect for what you described. under the tongue and it works pretty quickly.

5. So here's the story. I'm done smoking weed for a while now to lower my tolerance and prepare for the end of my probation but I collected stems all from dank buds (some even medical cali bud).

These stems are DANK and the smell verifies this but I just weighed them out and its only a gram. If I had to estimate its 1.5 - 2 tablespoons worth once I grind them (IF I do that is)

I already bought a bottle of everclear 95& alcohol (190 proof) and I have a mason jar. Nothings going to waste because everclear doesn't expire and I only need to use a small amount for this experiment.

I know its not much but I'm only trying to make a dose or 2.

So I have 2 questions regarding the extraction:

1. How much everclear should I use for the 1 - 2 tablespoons (1 gram weighed) of these trichome covered stems?

2. Would it be better to grind or cut the stems (I've even heard of people putting them in a blender with the alcohol) or is it better to just leave them whole?

6. #6 Cannabliss88, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
    I'm about 4 hours from leaving to visit my Dad across the country (no divorce just job change) and I'll be away for a week.

I'm hoping to get this tincture started now so it can start brewing.

Would it be enough to put the gram of stems in like 2 ounces of the 95 everclear or until their covered.

I'm leaning towards just leaving them whole but is there any reason to break them up?

Anyone?

Thank you in advance!

Edit: If I decide to break them up this will have to wait a week because now is not the ideal time for my room to smell like weed.

Whats the GC verdict from my fellow blades, to grind or not to grind, that is the question

7. doesnt make any difference since the thc on the stems is on the outside. I wouldnt use 2 ounces tho, just enough to cover the stems. Be warned, the stems will soak up a portion of the alcohol and it will be difficult to impossible to get it all out.

also, from 1g of stems, do not expect too much.. you'll get high once (i hope) but it won't be mindblowing or anything ;)

also, you should decarb your stems first. Put them in some tinfoil, then in e preheated oven at 230f for 20-30 mins.

8. Thanks dude, you just answered all my questions and more and I couldn't find this info anywhere else on the net so specific to what I'm doing. +rep. I'd double rep if I could I wish everyone was so informative