Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

steamroller?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by glazedallover, Sep 19, 2010.

1. hello all! this is my first post on these forums:hello::wave:
    my birthday is coming up, and i was thinking of buying a steamroller. i'd optimally like a vape, but that's not even an option until i move out (i plan on buying the volcano vaporizer when i do) anyways, i need something small that i can carry around in my pocket (i have to be discreet because my parents would KILL me if they knew that i smoked bud) a friend told me that a steamroller gets you reaaaally high. but i was reading somewhere that there's no point in smoking from a steamroller that is so small cause you might as well be smoking from a pipe ( i have a cheap 3 dollar one lol) so my question is, will a small steamroller pipe get you higher than a regular 'ol pipe? i'm thinking it has to be better than my current pipe.
    thanks.

2. i guess it's not my first post on these forums, it's just my first thread lol oopsies, my bad

3. I don't think it's going to get you any higher but the smoke will cool down a little more in the space in the pipe. A few years ago I had this sick little steam roller that I could fit in my pocket and anyone that hit from it was very impressed at how smooth it was. The bowl was basically in the middle and each end was open about the same diameter. It couldn't have been longer than maybe 6-7 inches. (Then like an idiot I had left it outside at my parents house, dad found it and it ended up in many tiny pieces.) I highly recommend using one if you can find one as I bet you'll like it as much as me and my friends did.

4. whats your price range

5. I was torn between a steamroller and a bubbler for a while, but i was really happy once i got the steamroller. They hit kinda harsh as a general rule so if that bothers you watchout. They are really easy to move around, clean, and stash so i say go for it. Plus they run for less than bong and bubblers at headshops.

6. honestly if you dont think you can pull off glass just buy some joint papers. ive lost a few to many glass pieces to my parents, i still hate them for it, but i regret buying them because they got smashed.

7. Well, think of it this way. The longer the steamroller, the smoother the hit, thus the bigger tokes you can take.
    ;)

8. Wait. You want something small? Steam rollers are definitely not your thing and no they don't make you any more stoned than a $5 bargain bin pipe.

Just get yourself a regular spoon or a mini-bubbler and save yourself some money on what counts.

9. Sometimes it's just as much about the ammunition as it is about the rifle. You're gonna get blazed no matter if it's a steamroller or a glass piece, so if u want that extra wow factor when u blaze, buy some dank bomb bud instead of that plain jane mid-grade shit. And if you're really set on a steamroller, go big or go home. My friend has a steamroller, I smoked it, and it wrecks me every time. It's also like 2 feet long, with three bends...Hope this helps.

10. well if you can dish out the 70 bucks it will pay you back in the end but the incredibowl mini is the shit. it gives you a better hit then a bong and it fucks you up in so little weed. me and some buds smoked two bowls of some orange kush at 1 yesterday and i didnt stop buzzing untill around 5. two bowls. this thing is a champ and its soooo smooth.:smoke:

11. if your trying to avoid trouble with the parents, should just go with the vape.

12. Steamrollers suck dude. Get a mini zong they are like $20. They rip, look sick, are easy to conceal in a shoebox and make hits soooo silky smoooooth.

13. you should get the magic flight launch box, it's an incredibly tiny vape (~2.5" long) that packs a punch. It has a lifetime warranty, hardly smells, and conserves a lot of weed. Plus you can save your vaped bud and make edibles with it.

14. @ lewed I doubt he's gonna wanna chip out 100$ outta his wallet. And some people swear by the MFLB and some say it works shitty. But there's only one way to find out if it's for you and that's to drop a bill it also comes with a charger for batteries n

15. well you get what you pay for and that thing looks like it would be a pain to clean because i know it wont come clean in a dishwasher. and honestly i wouldnt want that thing colapsing on me with bong water and smoke inside of it. looks like a problem to me but i mean its cheap and looks easy to hide so for your specifications it might work. if you get it give us all a review.

16. Doesn't look like a bad product, but sure doesn't look like a good buy to me. colin2722 brought up a good point about the possibility of it collapsing, and the way it looks, I'd be afraid of having that around a group solely for the possibility that one of them will accidentally collapse it and waste good weed and spill all that nasty bong water everywhere.

There are some small steamrollers that give smooth hits. My buddies have one barely 5 inches long, but has a lot of compact coils making the smoke travel further, thus cooling it. Also, a $5-25 spoon/bubbler would do you just as good.

I will say this, though. If you're looking for stealth and compact size, I would definitely say invest in the Magic Flight Launch Box. If you learn how to use it correctly, it will bring you so much joy, and pays for itself in no time.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZp9kprZF0c]YouTube - How to use the Magic Flight Launch Box portable vaporizer[/ame]
    Plus, at only $100, you get a fantastic vape that can go wherever you roam.

17. Steamrollers are evil.

18. With your situation id say go for it.

Personaly id say go get yourself a small bubbler or a descent glass pipe but if that works for you then go for it.

My mom knows my habit so ive even showed her my pieces, others arent so lucky to that looks good to keep it on the DL

19. The most cost-efficient way of getting high as shit is to use a waterfall or gravity bong.

I'd honestly invest in a one-hitter if I were you... that way you can toke discretely. Nonetheless, to answer your question about efficiency: pipes and steamrollers are probably identical in that regard.