Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

steamroller???

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Green.Giant, May 4, 2009.

1. So guys i know what a steamroller is, i understand the concept and all, but im just curious what happens when the bowl gets pulled through???? doesnt the weed just

a) fall down and then onto your hand?
    b) get sucked up into your lungs causing death?
    c)no option c just typed it and couldnt think of anything. wonder why.

so im cuious what people do with them. just not pull the bowl through is the only solution ive come to. any help?

2. You're going to have to elaborate on "pull the bowl through"

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

3. well pulling the bowl through as in like when using a bong. When the bowl is mostly ash and someone tries to hit it, or this happens in the middle of a big hit, the ash is pulled through from the bowl through the stem into the bong.

Now since im pretty sure you use a bowl for a steamroller im wondering where this ash goes.

4. It falls in the tube. Steamrollers have no filter. Lots of smoke, there's a reason they get so dirty. The highest i've ever gotten I started off hitting a steamroller. They're powerful just like a bong sans the water. They have no filtration and cashing in your face is a possibility just like a bowl.

5. If the hole is big enough that the ashes/bud are pulling through, I would think the obvious solution would be a screen.

6. Ok so now that i have that straight what is the proper smoking technique for it then? your not supposed to clear the bowls?

7. Serious?..

plug end with palm

take hit

remove hand, clear..

You do realize you are in the seasoned tokers section and not apprentice?

8. Um well thanks for the very informative post blowin dro, but since we are in the experienced tokers forum, not the 100% experienced forum, i see nothing wrong with asking a question like this.

Anyways, since i already know that these are the following steps i must take

plug end with palm

take hit

remove hand, clear..

my original question still stands. Is there any proper way to get rid of the ash when it pulls through?? I dont want to be getting ash all over the place which i forsee happening when i clear the bowl.

Sorry for inconveniencing all of you experienced tokers with my unexperienced toker questions. Forgot that everyone should know how to hit out of a steamroller :rolleyes:

9. Sorry if my post offended you, that wasn't my intention. I wasn't sure you were actually being serious. It's no inconvenience it's just that it seemed like a strange question to me.

If it's a glass steamroller and the hole in the bowlpiece is large enough that your sucking stuff through when you hit it, I would suggest picking up a glass screen as most dont like to taint there glass piece with a metal screen.

If it's the kind with a metal bowl piece then a standard metal screen should suffice.

10. #10 quisqueyano, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
    1. Get a steamroller.
    2. Get some Ash in mouth.
    3. Realize what you did wrong.
    4. Profit.

I also think this shouldn't be here. I understand that you're not familiar with the smoking mechanism, but the internet isn't going to help you gain experience with it or seem less noob when using it. That's just my opinion on it.

Hope you enjoy steamrollers. Keep on smoking.

11. I mean I can't imagine you getting a lot more ash in your mouth than in a spoon or some other dry pipe.

Theres acessories, glass screens, and carbon filters for them. I think they could be the best dry piece if you get a quality one and give it the right tools. Just do a bit of research or ask here if you wanna find out how to build a sweet steamroller (well not really build, but buy and what parts)

12. OP, instead of saying "pulling through" say "cashing"

As to your question, when you cash a steam roller, like any other hand pipe, you will get a mouthful of ash. I don't know what led you to the impression that this would kill you.

Solution, don't suck your bowls through, and ash them on the table when they're cashed.

13. Haha as for the killing me part it was just a little bit of an exaggeration lol cuz ive inhaled ash before and im pretty sure i almost died haha.

But thanks for the help guys, and blowing dro i appreciate your response. Well im probably gonna construct and smoke out of my own steam roller today ill probably post how it goes. That is if i dont die from the ash..... :eek:

14. dude...a steamroller is no different than a bowl...the only difference is that the carb is way fuckin bigger...bigger the carb..bigger the hit

15. Just don't pull hard enough to inhale the ash. You'd have to really be sucking to get that much airflow through the bowl though. Let it fall into your hand, then when you take your hand off let it drop (or hold it to dump into a tray) and let'er rip.

16. Awesome stick thats the exact type of answer i was looking for :) i really appreciate it. Now to construct my steamroller.

17. You can't imagine? I knew you were a fake ass motherfucker.

18. No. The bigger the carb, the faster you can draw air through the piece, in turn the faster you can clear the pipe. The size of the hit is based on how long you hit the piece before carbing.

19. I have a steamroller that I looooove and I have always been kinda confused about the mechanics of it as well. I don't know WHY it doesn't end up all over your face, but it doesn't! It'll "pull through" (I dunno how nobody knows what you are talking about. Perhaps we are not using the *Seasoned Vocabulary,* haha) but it just kinda lands on the "floor" of the steamroller. It won't get all up in yo' face unless you suck WAAAAY too hard. But be careful when trying to clean it because one time I went to blow the cashed bowl off of the "floor" and through the opposite end and THAT made it all fly backwards towards my face. Again, not sure how that works-- it's science/magic!

20. Our lungs have enough suction power to draw the ash through the small hole at the bottom of the bowl, but once it gets pulled through the bowl into the steam roller, suddenly its in a much bigger tube and you just pull the air/smoke through but the ash is too heavy so it stays put. :)