Stealth Mini Fridge HPS Setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by scrappy1, Dec 31, 2013.

1. My setup will be using:
    1- 18x17x30 Mini Fridge
    1- bubble bucket (homemade)
    1- 150 Watts HPS
    1- Supplemental CFL 
    1- 4" Intake Duct Fan http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q2ER5C/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
    2- 104 CFM Intake fans (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009CO543S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
    4- Mylar blankets 
    1- chicken wire for SCROG 

I ordered everything today and I should have it by this weekend/early next week, I'm hoping I will be able to get some decent smoke from this setup.. it hasn't been cheap, so I hope its all worth it. what are your thoughts? I plan on to use SCROG to keep my plants small, but do you think Ill have heat problems with HPS in a small fridge? Ive seen it done before

Mini Fridge:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

150 Watts HPS (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041E0D6C/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
    [​IMG]

2. #2 Michio Kaku, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    Heat shouldnt be an issue - provided you have read up on ventilation (fans, vents, if necessary carbon filter)

3. With the white color on the inside of the fridge I wouldnt use the mylar

4. I see space being an issue.. hope im wrong... sending good vibes your way bro :)

5. I'd LST well into flowering to keep the plant short.  Otherwise you are guaranteed to run out of space.  Other than that, it should be fine as long as you don't mind the odor.

6. I got the light in yesterday and hung it today, I also found something to use for a bubble bucket. 

now I'm just waiting for the rest of my supplies, which should be coming tomorrow or friday.. I can't wait to get everything done!  :hello:

[​IMG]

its really bright.. I might not need my mylar lol 
    [​IMG]

7. Today I got almost everything I need to finish the fridge.. Once I get home from work I'm going to start building the bubble bucket

8. Finished most of the hard work,now I'm just waiting for my mylar to cover everything up.. give me some suggestions to get my temps down. They are about 84 at the moment. I'm still waiting for my intake fans to get here also. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Looking good bro.. whats temps in there and how noisy is the fan ?

10. As of tonight temps are 86 but I'm still not done mounting the intake fans.. Tomorrow I'm finishing everything

11. Making progress :)

I still need to make those intake holes bigger and mount those fans

[​IMG]

12. Looking good

13. man that looks cramped! i assume youre just going to run the one plant due to space? how are you going to seal and run your water etc? just drill and gromet? love the pics btw lookin good! i would also have foregone the mylar due to the color on the inside i dont think youll gain a lot from it.

14. Yeh and the fact that thats a mylar emergency blanket and not real mylar.. it will reflect more heat than light. The white on the inside of the fridge is your best bet :)

I think you might be right.. temps went up a little bit once I put the mylar in. I have an idea with the fans I'm gonna try when I get home, but if that doesn't work I'm taking the mylar down 

for now its just one auto afghan kush.  After this, Ill just use it as a vegetation chamber for clones and small plants so that I can set up my tent/400hps combo 

16. Well be ready to mail me that frisge when you swap to your tent :)

17. How's that fridge ?

18. Anyone here ???

19. Thats lookin good! Thats how id do it if i had a mini fridge.