Stealth Indoor Ventilation and Smell

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stutter, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Hi, so I'm planning on growing my first plant or two in my dorm room in a stealth cabinet or old fridge.

There are a couple of things I'm unsure about that I'd like to clear up before devoting so much of my time. Is smell going to be a huge problem? Is there any way to avoid the whole room smelling like whatever bud I'm growing while its flowering?
    Also, I'm thinking about ventilation, and the ideal situation would be to vent out the window using tubing, but that does look pretty suspicious so may not work out. How have any of you managed to keep a well ventilated grow box?

Thanks, Stutter

2. My advice, that is a horrible idea.

3. Alright, thanks. I knew that was coming.

Anyways, I believe I've assessed the situation well enough, and I have determined that the very slight risk that I'm caught is worth the benefit of growing.

On topic, I've been looking around and found carbon filters, which I'd be willing to invest in.
    I dont know much about carbon filters, so would they cover the smell almost entirely even when flowering? And if they do, it seems like I could just vent into my room easy enough without creating any problems.

4. Its actually a huge risk... I know where i went to school if you were found with drugs in your room then you were expelled from school as well as the charges and i know in most places growing MJ is a felony and possible jail time... I would say to keep doing your research and wait until you have your own place... Once in my house i live in i tried to do a small cab with 2 plants with a filtration system. 3 weeks into flowering if i opened the door to my basement it smelled like fresh green... Not worth it man...

5. #5 Stutter, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    By small risk I meant small chance that I get caught. But your argument is convincing, a smell that strong would definitely get me caught, which is why I came here to ask first. I'm wondering now though if either one of those generators - I cant remember what theyre called now - or that homemade solution with ONA (I think), would be enough to make it mostly unnoticeable, or no more so than a stash in the open.

Edit: Oh and my school is really relaxed on any drug laws, I've smoked bud with the campus police, I just dont want word to spread too much about the room thats growing marijuana.

6. You might want to take a look at this. I'm going to do this I think... :D

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/144976-perfect-odour-neutralizer.html

7. Yeah, thanks, the ONA bucket is my best bet I think. Anyways, does anyone have some essential tips on concealing a grow box?

Im thinking Ill give the desktop grow a try, or just find an old cabinet on craigslist, then hook a carbon filter up to it and put in in the back of my closet with the ONA and a plug-in in my room.

Does anyone have any experience with these kind of materials? From what I've heard the ONA will cut the smell of an entire room of flowering plants unless you sniff right up close.