stealth growbox = computer case :)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by smokingreen, May 28, 2004.

?

so will it work?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. im going to grow 2 plants in a computer case. its a regular size tower . its got place for up to 5 fans. and i will take out all of the 3.5 x 5 in and the floppy cages, and removing the motherboard plate.

then i will have a free clear case and 2 open sides.

for the lighting...
    optionn A) i will have 5 fluros , 1 on top ( with all the wires from the power supply.), 1 on the right computer case panel, 1 on the left computer case panel, 2 low power along the bottom panels

option B) i wil have 2 high power fluros on the top, and 2 on the panels. <--- i kind of liek this idea better

then i guess... just grow grow grow.( i hope it works)
    im going to attempt to germinate a bunch of seeds i have saved out of all my really good weed. the ones that look good, im going to use... and i guess im going to keep it on for a really long time.
    and im really not very smart about the whole growing weed process, so im going to need to hit up the books, articles, guides, tutorials... etc. but i remember from 3rd grade when we put a seed in a cup with soil and watered it every day and put it in the window sill. then it sprouted and we were all happy....
    yea , well i remember that and im thinking i got it from there cause i know about veg., early forcing of flowering to try to determine sexes, then to let them mature probably 24/7 to 18/6 for a little while to 12/12 when its time... is this sounding ok?

i think i got the general idea... but i dont know the very particulars about the soils, " peatmoss"?, fertilizers what not.... i need to read and smoke weed.

so is it going to work?

2. thats a pretty small space to grow 2 plants, with pots, you won't get much room to grow, you should try to look into Lowryder, it may be the ideal plant to grow, only problem when growing two plants at a time you do have a chance of ending up with all males :( I still think a computer case is just to small. But try it you might not end up with the best producted but its well worth it to try. Let us know how it goes if you try it.

3. i didnt know really good weed had seeds

4. yo man it will work for a while but then it will get to big but it is a gangsta idea good luck with it man

5. i'd germ like 6 seeds and start them in there.. after afew weeks of growing force flower them all and wait until they show sex... then keep the 2 best looking females and keep tying them down as they fill out... then just keep them from the lights and your good to go.... it'll need ferts, room for good rooting, heat control, smell control during flowering...

6. If it does work, it will be exciting but the yield may not be worth the effort. Fantastic idea for germination though. Let us know how it works! Good luck!

7. get a big box

8. That's a solution and a half right there.

I think It'll work. Just follow steps

9. Not a bad idea man, just don't forget a lot of college kids are doing that now-a-days and it is common for a computer tower to be taken apart during a search. But if you are just trying to trick your parents or friends then that's a clever deception. Good Luck!

10. Wow I actually thought of this last year. Awesome idea :smoke: Hope it works I didn't ever get around to it.

11. Yes it will work but 2 plants is a bit much they will be out of control after 4 weeks, imagine them at 12 weeks.

Good luck hope to see you harvest :)

Gg

12. I believe it would work, ill try, what im thinking, is like stacking cases and cutting the tops out....I got like 30 Cases that could work, ill try that with a couple plants when i get a chance

13. Has anyone tried ordering one of these from Canada? Should I be worried about what customs has to say about bringing one of these grow boxes over the border?

14. I am thinking about setting up a computer case to grow and what do you do about the smell and i am only going to start with one small plant