Stealth grow lighting questions!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by archangel x, Jan 13, 2013.

1. So I'm trying to start a stealth grow in a ~ 4ft tall/3ft wide/1.5ft deep dresser in my apartment. Huge risk w/ an apartment grow, so stealth is my #1 priority. I've seen lots of info on the forum about energy consumption in larger spaces (closets and bigger), but nothing for a space that's no bigger than 18 cubic feet.

What kind of light would effectively light the space and make as little impact on my power bill as possible?

(I also have two fans- hopefully just PC- w/ carbon scrubbers and an air pump for DWC.) Thanks!

2. Consider keeping fish, the stink and damp conceals the Mj and justify's the noise also I've seen some fantastic grows under the tanks.

use T5 lights on a bank of 4-6 all 4' long

3. Thanks vostok! I was actually considering getting an aquarium/terrarium to disguise the power consumption and noise, so I definitely will now.

4. cfls and t-5 s are your best friend in the situation no hid no matter what lol,
    i use a dresser with the same demetions and use cfls and i am having heat issues with just pc fans exhausting it