Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

stealth cooking with cannabis

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 2FootBong, Nov 7, 2011.

1. so ive got a few days off this week and feel like cooking up some edibles. the thing is, ive never cooked with cannabis before and have only a vague idea how.
    on this forum and other sites, it seems like people disagree on if making cannabutter (or canna oil) the actual cooking, both, or neither give off a noticeable weed smell. can anyone share experience there?
    also, every recipe i see says to use 1-4oz. i can only get high dank for $300-$450 an oz and im not gona waste that much on some brownies or w/e. is it ok to use a smaller amount (couple gs tops) dank for cooking? i saw this book in spencers that said its better to use shit weed
    and most importantly, does anyone know how to cook cannabis without a noticeable smell?

2. Use mids, way cheaper

3. guy above....read ^^

4. [quote name='"Marco0811"']Use mids, way cheaper[/quote]

ok u didnt respond to the question at all or read the post, i said i can only get dank....

5. from my experience, cooking with cannabis usually smells

6. [quote name='"takeadab"']from my experience, cooking with cannabis usually smells[/quote]

do u mean making the butter/oil, the baking, or both?

7. Its gonna smell no matter what. What i do, i cook my oil in a pan on the grill. The whole outside will wreak, but the inside will be good. You will need way more than a few gs, try and get a halfie of mids

8. you could grow your own... its cheaper

9. using green, like leaf and stuff smells

10. you can easily make a batch for multiple people using about an 8th of dank.
    go to the edibles section and use badkittysmiles' guides on making oil and candies/food. also, if you do it her way, the oven doesn't smell that bad of pot afterwards, and even so it's just your oven and not the whole room. i make edibles about once a month, using 5 grams of abv and 2 grams of dank.

11. first time cooking? try firecracker first. REMEMBER TO DECARB YOUR WEED

12. You're in luck... the very best oils are sealed well, temp-controlled, and produce little to no odor during processing. Cutting corners while sealing and heating can not only degrade your potency, but it can stink up a whole apartment complex :)

So keep your oil sealed well during processing, and allow it to cool fully before breaking that seal.

Oil can be incredibly potent, and it is very shelf-stable, meaning it can last for a long period of time (months, and months) without needing any refrigeration. If stealth is required, this leaves you with loads of possibilities... you can make a bunch of oil upfront and immediately make a few big batches of brownies and cookies, or, you could just use enough to make a single dose or two, and save the rest for later in your dorm or bedroom where potential housemates can't find, or accidentally use it.
    Edible cannabis can also be much more potent, than smoking the same amount... but only with the right processing. Cut corners or get lazy with your processing however, and you will need to begin multiplying the amount of material required to achieve the desired effect.

If making a quality oil, expect your dose to be somewhere in the neighborhood of the amount you'd normally smoke in a session (or in a day, if you are a regular/heavy user).
    If cutting corners, or making quickie-oil or a 'worst-case-scenario' edible such as a firecracker, expect to begin doubling or quadrupling your suggested dose, to compensate for the lack of quality/bioavailability.

----

It's not so much that it is 'better' to use lower quality weed: it's more that, if you have material that you simply can not smoke, then you can at least get something out of it by making edibles.

You will still only get out of your edibles, what you put into them... in other words, the better quality the bud, the higher quality the edible. ;)

Dank costs more, but it can potentially be the more cost-effective (cheaper) option, depending on just how good it is when compared to mids or schwag.
    If for instance you normally smoke dank, and it costs two-times as much as mids, but you only need to smoke a third of the amount to get you where you need to be (ie. if you need to smoke any more than twice as much of the mids, to get medicated)... then the seemingly more expensive dank, is actually the cheaper option.
    This is because it contains more potency per unit for the price; you're often paying less money, for more potency with the dank, and more money for less potency, with the mids.

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

The above link also contains recipes for....

Capsules...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna 'Bombs'...

[​IMG]

Glowing candy...

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Main courses...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soup...

[​IMG]

Many desserts, even Jello...

[​IMG]

Drinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UV/Glowing Drinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Ice Cream...

[​IMG]

And among the many others, there are of course the old favorites, brownies and cookies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And more...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just be sure that you know how many doses you are working with; different recipes require a varying amount of oil, and produce a varying number of portions... if you use the same strength oil in every recipe, you could end up with a pasta sauce that is MUCH too potent for only two or three servings, or a pan of brownies that require half the batch to be consumed at once, just for a single dose. [​IMG]

This is why it is best to make a concentrated oil..... it can be used in recipes that make many servings, but require only limited oil, or it can be saved, portioned out, and used in conjunction with whatever unadulterated oil is required by your recipe, when making a dish that requires more oil per serving.

And if you're worried about the odor produced when baking your actual edibles, just skip the baking, and opt for a cold recipe.... the truffles, canna bombs, capsules, ice-cream, guacamole, potato salad... these are all good, cold options, that will produce no odor during their creation!

Have fun, and good luck! [​IMG]

13. Edibles are awesome! I generally prefer oil ---- Here's my experience:
    First off, my selected weed is normally chronic, but I use mids quite often enough as well, and I honestly can't tell much of a difference when eating. Also, my weed is vaporized after a small round in my Aluminum Vapor Genie. I toke maybe two times max in a bowl, then dump the weed into a jar. Recycling is fun.

Anyways--

My first edible concoction was just a simple firecracker. I used 3gs of vaped chronic on a Great Value Graham Cracker + organic peanut putter, wrapped in tin foil, 300 @ 25 minutes. I was high for 6 hours, and it was magical.

After that, I decided to move up to putting it in various foods, and I looked extensively between butter and oil. I picked oil because it seemed more versatile, and I preferred it over freezing my butter/weird looking texture.

----OIL-----
    So far, in my short experience with it, I make single-serving oil. I've stuck with olive oil and I swear by it.
    What I do is; take a metal measuring cup, about 3/4 cup size or so. I put between 1 to 3 g's worth (aside from using a g I just went through, I mostly just eye the amount) in it, and just enough olive oil to cover it all properly. I wrap it in tin-foil, in the oven 300 @ 30 minutes. I recommend getting a cheese strainer and separating the green from the oil, but I've been too lazy to go get one, so I just put it all in whatever I'm cooking. I've put it in shakes, bowl of spaghetti +garlic salt, and a bowl of beef stew with mushroom, and 30-45 minutes later, I was high for SIX to even EIGHT hours.

Most importantly: NO SMELL. It didn't smell AT ALL when I cooked the oil.
    I recommend using that amount, you'll get a really, really nice mellow high and a body high. I'm thinking next time I may try 4g's of vaped weed and make something, just to compare.

I once made two things of oil, 2.5g's of vape each for me and my friend, and we were high for a long time and just played Mario Kart 64 and went to see a wrestling documentary.

14. [quote name='"Atomic Labrador"']Edibles are awesome! I generally prefer oil ---- Here's my experience:
    First off, my selected weed is normally chronic, but I use mids quite often enough as well, and I honestly can't tell much of a difference when eating. Also, my weed is vaporized after a small round in my Aluminum Vapor Genie. I toke maybe two times max in a bowl, then dump the weed into a jar. Recycling is fun.

Anyways--

My first edible concoction was just a simple firecracker. I used 3gs of vaped chronic on a Great Value Graham Cracker + organic peanut putter, wrapped in tin foil, 300 @ 25 minutes. I was high for 6 hours, and it was magical.

After that, I decided to move up to putting it in various foods, and I looked extensively between butter and oil. I picked oil because it seemed more versatile, and I preferred it over freezing my butter/weird looking texture.

----OIL-----
    So far, in my short experience with it, I make single-serving oil. I've stuck with olive oil and I swear by it.
    What I do is; take a metal measuring cup, about 3/4 cup size or so. I put between 1 to 3 g's worth (aside from using a g I just went through, I mostly just eye the amount) in it, and just enough olive oil to cover it all properly. I wrap it in tin-foil, in the oven 300 @ 30 minutes. I recommend getting a cheese strainer and separating the green from the oil, but I've been too lazy to go get one, so I just put it all in whatever I'm cooking. I've put it in shakes, bowl of spaghetti +garlic salt, and a bowl of beef stew with mushroom, and 30-45 minutes later, I was high for SIX to even EIGHT hours.

Most importantly: NO SMELL. It didn't smell AT ALL when I cooked the oil.
    I recommend using that amount, you'll get a really, really nice mellow high and a body high. I'm thinking next time I may try 4g's of vaped weed and make something, just to compare.

I once made two things of oil, 2.5g's of vape each for me and my friend, and we were high for a long time and just played Mario Kart 64 and went to see a wrestling documentary.[/quote]

awesome response -- would +rep if i was on a computer. i may try this tommorow, but im not sure what edible id make where u put olive oil in... any ideas that aren't to complicated. i'm not italian enough to put olive oil in a shake...

15. Spaghetti with sauce and the olive oil was the easiest to make. I just dabbed some garlic salt on it to distract whatever flavor the oil might have had.

Yeah, I never make smoothies, but I had some frozen bananas, and my roommate had strawberries they no longer wanted, so I threw them into a blender, blended, put the oil in, and blended some more. I felt like some healthy-responsible adult for making something with bananas in it.

Next I want to try adding the oil to some roasted garlic and put in on mashed potatoes (you wouldn't taste the oil).
    Another thing you can do is sauté various things, fish, chicken, mushrooms, vegetables, in it (maybe worth making two or three servings if you'd do that though)

The time before the spaghetti, my friend and I were too lazy to cook, so went out and got tacos and put it in that. It was kind of gross, especially with the grass still in it, but it was a quick eat and served it's purpose.

Easiest thing at the top of my head is spaghetti or a packet of ramen, or even stirring it in some ice-cream. Simple and effective!