Stealth closet rubbermaid growbox!!! (pics)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ayron, Apr 14, 2010.

1. #21 Ayron, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    Updates!!!! the plants are going strong :D I wasn't able to upload pics of the third one yet but its about the same as the last one. I Know they are having some nute deficiencies and i gave them some miracle grow plant food at a realllly low dose and they seemed to like it a lot. I know MG sucks and ill be getting some better ferts soon and some better soil and bigger pots.

Attached Files:

2. No offence dude but hate to burst your bubble. buuuut flowering at that height and not haveing any branching.. shitty lighting and ventilation. you will get like maybe a half quarter out of all that. you will little to NO yeild from those. trust i tried mini's like that and failed hard twice with like no yeild. it sucks. trust growm at least like 6 inches tall before even thinking of doing this :p good luck man ill stay around to see how it goes :)

3. but i will say for the size they look balling waaaay better than my mini's did :p

KUDOS!!!

4. I'm sure the OP is not obsessing over yield bro. I had a similar grow where I did 12/12 from seed. It's about seeing what you can do. About smoking even a bowl of something that you grew. I did it to learn.

5. yeah this is my first attempt at growing so i didnt expect much yield, just wanted to get some experience and maybe some nice homegrown bud for when i move out to my new place :D
    but yeah i plan on transplanting them to larger pots with better soil soon. Ill post some more pics soon

6. You're sucking air out without having any air come in? You want to create airflow - I'm not saying you need an intake fan, but you need some holes where air can be sucked in by your top exhaust. Top is a good place for the exhaust as heat rises.

I'l drill or cut 1 hole in the bottom somewhere - maybe on the back to keep it stealthy - make sure there's some room away from the wall - even a little - see if that decreases temps.

It should work pretty well if the rest of the box is sealed.

7. I have a hole cut into the lower end of one of the sides thats a little smaller than the exhaust fan. I keep my circulating fan near the intake to help suck in the air a little bit :D

8. I'm liking what i see. This is a very similar grow size to what i'm trying to plan at the moment! What seed type did you use?
    I'll be following you through to the end i want to see the yield and i agree enough home grown for a casual smoke is alright with me!
    Good work!

9. UPDATES :) I'm using bag seed from the best weed i've ever had that had seeds in it haha.

Attached Files:

10. those are looking good! I am planning on throwing mine into flowering very soon, they are a bit bigger than yours right now, but I think I will keep watching yours to see what they do and then I'll know what to expect from mine! Keep up the good work!:smoke:

11. If you have a bigger adaptor for that fan, use it. it should be a 12 volter. 3.2v is severely crippling its ability to work. And if you do get another fan, use it as an exhaust also, fans are useless as intakes. Two exhaust fans is sooooo much better for maintaining temps than one intake and one exhaust

12. no i wasnt trying to criticize at all. i was just saying if he was going for yeild that wasnt the way to go :p i have tried once to see if it would work but it never did :p im just glad his are turning out :) im so gonna follow this thread... kudos man :)

13. thanks everybody :D I'll be transplanting them to bigger pots and getting a bigger adapter soon :smoke:

14. I took a close look at my buds today and found a nice brown seed in my biggest plant :eek: and smaller seeds growing in all the buds of all my plants :cry::cry::cry:

so now i got three hermaphrodite's and idk what to do :confused:

15. Keep on growing and pick the seeds out when ya smoke it.:rolleyes:

16. yeah i plan on vaping this bud so seeds aren't that big ob a problem. The bud i got these seeds from was full of seeds too so maybe its just bad genetics or mt just stressing the plants by fucking up the light schedules :(

17. Yeah it's a small first time grow so I agree no biggie. If I had to guess I would say the weird lighting and the extreme temp fluctuations did it.

18. yeah atleast i have some experience under my belt, and about to get some free seeds of some dank :p i like to look on the brighter side of things. Plus only use vaporizers so seeds dont bother me at all :)

19. It looks like only one of the plants actually has seeds, ill post pics later but they are coming along :)

20. you posted a pic of yourself clearly smoking a bong.