Stealth Cardboard Grow Box

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Cheetos87, Aug 23, 2012.

1. I have 6 100w 6500K CFL lights, mylar duct taped to the inside, and a water cooled shop fan at the entrance. It get's hotter than the devils taint in the building this box is at and this fan keeps it at the perfect temperature, i just turn the water pump off at night. i have 12 newly transplanted clones in rockwool cubes in the humidity done, misted. Than the two Green Ribbon plants in the back, one on the left is the mother plant and not sure yet if the one on the right is female/male, fingers crossed. And one Critical Jack clone from the cannabis club, and three GDP plants in the front. What do you guys think? any tips or suggestions are welcome. This is my first grow.

Attached Files:

2. Nice and cheap, with all healthy looking plants; good job. Are you going to use this same setup to do the flowering part as well?

3. [quote name='"mjoMA"']Nice and cheap, with all healthy looking plants; good job. Are you going to use this same setup to do the flowering part as well?[/quote]

Thanks!! Not sure about flowering yet, i'm a little on the fence. I have a 600w light setup but no where to put it at the moment. And that cardboard box is not gonna be enough from what i've heard it doubles even triples in size. Money is a little tight right now and have no clue when i'll be able to build a legit room. Might just get a similar cardboard box and cut a side out than tape and seal it on top of it to double the room it'll have to grow. Any suggestions? Trying to go the cheap route this grow.

4. Well, when the money is tight you make due with what you have at hand. I almost feel another similar box for the clones, and in the box you got start 12/12 now and just slowly bend them down as they grow. My only concern is the potential fire hazard, say a CFL blows and a flame gets too close to the cardboard .......I am just sayin

5. what about a cardboard box from a refrigerator

6. they have 4 foot by 8 foot 2 inch thick insulation boards with mylar on one side at home depot. sturdy, and perfect reflectivity there like 3 bucks a board. and metal studs aren't to expensive.