Stealt fish tank stand help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by spacedope93, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Scratch that a 250 watt grow ace fixture lok

2. I made sure the box is sealed to the point to where I would never have to worry about any water coming into contact with the grow area. Even though I've never had any problem with my water coming out of my fish tank lol

3. I think the box being able to hold the weight of a tank full of water on top is the issue, would be shitty to come home and find your plants, fish and growbox in a big dead pile. Also the resulting electrical fire if it does collapse.

4. I made it a very very supportable fish tank stand it's set up just like this one so I dnt think tht would be a problem it's very supported so unless a steamroller comes through my bedroom I dnt think that will be a problem lol

Attached Files:

5. It was originally a fish tank Stand and I turned it into a grow box lol

6. As long as you're confident in your carpentry skills it shouldn't be a problem, props on the cab so far dooder.

7. Thanks man I can't wait to get this thing up and running I'll keep you guys updated with pics frequently

8. Hey space dope.... If your space is only 19 inches long, ten inches wide, and thirty inches tall.... you are dealing with a micro space. No way the hps will fit in there - are you serious? I would CFL it up at this point (if we're on the same page here). They're cheap and effective in small spaces. Plus you'll have fun installing it in that box, and not to mention growing some dank in there. Check out CFL's on GC there's a load of info. I think I read somewhere that the ones around 50 watts are pretty effective if you put one every six inches. Just line those sockets up. blue lights for grow. red lights for bloom. should be golden. I've used the homedepot 68w 2700k CFL as a 'quarantine male' bloom closet before sending them into my 600hps bloom room. worked nicely.

9. Well I'm trying to grow 2 plants in there. Would a 250 watt cfl do any good with the original idea of the 4 tubes around them and the 250 watt hanging in the middle of the two plants?

10. You don't need the 4 tubes IMO because you're counting on those top colas more than anything else. side lighting, or light in between the plants is impractical. The plants should grow upward and have nice main top colas, that's where the bud we are looking for is at. your foliage should be nice and dense you won't want to waste the space between the plants on a light bulb. Additionally you might want to foliar mist them (great for a calcium/fulvic acid absorptioon) so having bulbs in the way can be a hassle.

The CFL will light the area up fine... just make sure it's dimensions are not too large... smaller 50w cfl's placed every 5'' might give you more space in there.

IMO save the cash from the tubes and invest your money in some good genetics. An indica will be best, they usually don't grow more than twice their height in bloom and are heavier yielders so you can flower when it's around 12'' and yield around an ounce or so off each plant.