Steakbomb's Quantum Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Steakbomb, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Very nice plumbing

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Pistils round 2: trichome boogaloo is getting underway...
    20190423_101549.jpg 20190423_101558.jpg 20190423_101605.jpg 20190423_101610.jpg 20190423_101615.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Frosting up! Boogaloo commencing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Light trim this evening, musical chairs with the plants, water change, recalibrated the pH probe. Whew!
    20190423_191839.jpg 20190423_191848.jpg
    The pH has been dropping again these last few days... And although I topped off with plain water a couple times this week, my TDS has started trending upwards. I did just turn on my dehumidifier, so for now I'm gonna mark that up to more evaporation happening - but I definitely need to keep a close eye on things for these last few weeks.

• Like Like x 4
  5. I pulled the trigger I’m going to try one bucket this run with my hempys
    And see how it goes.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. Awesome!

Do you have any tool that could help cut circular holes? Those monster-size net cup lids require an insane amount of pebbles and limit your water capacity by a gallon or so. They also take friggin forever for roots to find their way out of... My buddy @Ibn Vapin had one for a bit iirc...

A regular 5gal bucket lid from home depot should fit that lid & you could use 3" or 5" net cups instead.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah I do. I’ll snag a smaller net cup and a lid this week. I’m planning on germinating beans this weekend for it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I was also thinking about using one of these small 5gallon tubs and cutting lid out of some foam insulation boards the kind with the reflective material on it. You think this would work?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  9. That’s a good nugget of information

• Like Like x 3
  10. you can use those, but they leak bad around the sides, although it shouldn't leak if you just use it as a res (I tried using mine for aeroponics; what a headache). I like the older totes better.

As far as netting cup size, I use the large ones with no problem whatsoever. Costs more for hydroton; the Hydrofarm bubbler I used has a large netting cup too. I just found the res smaller, so SB does make a good point about volume. I don't really use dwc/bubblers with the large nets though, since they are bubblers, but still topfeed.
    Pics for demo
    upload_2019-4-24_1-17-11.png
    upload_2019-4-24_1-25-27.png
    and if u don't plan on growing monsters that drink 2+ gallons a day, the hydrofarm works fine. Still has a couple problems though... that skinny line at the internal intersection blows.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Exactly what I needed to know thank you!

• Like Like x 3
  12. I got a 55 gal tote I'm gonna use to run a hydro sog grow after these two big girls are done in my tent. Also I agree about avoiding those giant net cups like the plague. It's not that they're bad, per se, but one that size and the size of the one I had were better suited to growing in a 55gal drum than a 5gal bucket. Sorry I haven't been around, I've been sick as fuck for a little bit. Slowly recovering now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Glad to hear you’re getting better! Take care of yourself! I went ahead and got 3” net pots I’m getting my feet wet with the DWC probably going to run some autos for the first go around. Hopefully I can keep them small enough to fit my tent gonna do a lot of tying down branches. I’ve ran hempys so I have a feel for hydro ready to take the next step into DWC though.

• Like Like x 4
  14. I can’t wait to see you actually take that step :)

You will absolutely fall in Love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  15. Got a few spots showing on a few leaves... Not sure if it's light stress on leaves exposed post-trim or if I'm seeing a deficiency/excess of sorts... thoughts?
    20190425_091912.jpg 20190425_091924.jpg 20190425_091942.jpg

16. Thinking light stress maybe. I decided to drop down to 12.5:11.5 today & see how that plays out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I don’t feel like this is light stress. Do you have any bleaching?

• Like Like x 1
  18. I do not, but RH and air temp are in a good range, roots look good, etc... Spotting and twisting in a few places though... Doesn't match any readily apparent deficiency that I'm aware of - open to thoughts if you have some for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  19. No worries I have some really weird random white spots on a couple of my plants.

Environment is perfect and my lights are not too close

Just happen sometimes and I’m not sure why and I am also in Deepwater culture so maybe that has something to do with it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really don’t have any idea why it happens but I know it’s isolated to only one of my strains

Deez Nugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  20. Helpful to see a similar symptom not being an issue - cheers.

I was thinking it could have been younger leaves exposed to the light post-trim, but the spotting is all near tops. Hmm...