Steakbomb's Quantum Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Steakbomb, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Figured I'd start my own thread to keep track of my grows and equipment since I just started seeds for my second grow last night.

Popped four seeds into Rapid Rooters - 2x Ayahuasca Purple and 2x Liberty Haze (both from Barney's Farm). Got them in a humidity dome tray in my starter tent - temps stay in the 70s in the tent as opposed to the high 60s in the house. Got them under a sheet of fleece for now to avoid light until they pop up.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tent is 2'x3'x3' - just enough to start vegging but not enough to go full cycle. Reservoirs I made from a couple rubbermaid food service bins that I light-proofed. Lights are 2' KIND LED bars - 2xMacro spectrum and 1xMicro spectrum (individual bars can be removed from the fixture to be used elsewhere as needed).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Let's get this show on the road
    I'll be lurking around. I like the way you operate, you keep a setup that rivals an ER.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man! And welcome!

Aside from automating as much as I can (within reason), keeping things looking clean and professional are really high on my priority list - so I really appreciate the kudos!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wound up making a PVC rectangle to mount the bar lights' ballast on outside the tent. Had them mounted on the top of my light rig, but it was warming up the tent a bit more than I'd like.
    [​IMG]
    Temps capped out at about 79° last night after 2hrs (going up from about 65°) with the ballasts inside the tent before I shut the lights off for the night. Ballasts have been outside the tent all day today - currently at 78° after 8hrs light. Assuming things don't break past 82° or so I'll be happy - should stay cooler as winter arrives too. Suspect temperatures will be a bit more stable once the reservoirs actually have water in them too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've thought about detaching my drivers from my light but I haven't seen a real need to yet. Being in a 4x4 heat is a little bit more manageable. The uses for PVC are damn near limitless, it's like k'nex for adults!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Welcome!

I'll post pics of my actual grow cabinet in a bit. What I've posted so far is my starter tent only!

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Superiorcloset:
    [​IMG]
    Bought a supercloset in May to start growing. I knew it was going to have issues from reading on here, but hoped having it in my basement would resolve some of them. I figured any major issues I could fix as I'm reasonably handy. Wound up replacing the stock exhaust system, making some magnet-mounted oscillating circulation fans, adding a chiller, and replacing the stock side lights with more LEDs. Air stuff was necessary and the chiller makes water temp management easy. The LED side bars save a little power and produce a little less heat, but that's definitely more of a luxury item. I now call it a superiorcloset instead of a supercloset. :D

Current State:
    Did my last regular water change on Sunday, which started week 19 overall. Reservoir holds 120L of water - I took out 40L and put in 48L of fresh solution. This weekend I'm going to start the flush. Using technaflora nutes, so the plan is 2 days of solution really heavy on SugarDaddy, then 5 days pH adjusted water.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    These plants started as flowering clones from some bag seed plants a friend of mine had grown. They took a LOOOONG time to re-veg and get going, but they are looking good here at the end. I'm pretty happy with how my first grow went and can't wait to see yield. I'm REALLY psyched to grow these mail order seeds, though, now that I feel like I know what I'm doing!

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I bought a 30inx18inx36in tent that I'm going to be using for drying. I bought 20 1/2 4-way PVC pieces for the corners and some replacement screen that I'll use for the trays. PVC is a wonderful thing!

• Like Like x 2
  9. #11 Steakbomb, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    It really is an all-purpose material for growing projects. Love it!

I have a shower curtain tension rod I'm going to put in my big cabinet after harvest for drying. I figure three or four days in there should have things dry then I can go to jars.

10. Added a small oscillating stick fan to the tent. The oscillation is a bit slow, but the airflow is decent. Planning to see how it holds up for a couple weeks - assuming no issues or extra noise or whatever I'll probably get a 2nd one.
    [​IMG]
    Two things I need to do to make them more usable:
    -Make some kind of pedestals they can sit on to be at a good height without having to sit on my res lids.
    -Cover up the lights on the buttons.

No sprouts yet but it had only been 36hrs as of when I checked this morning. I will check again tomorrow!

11. I use electrical tape when I need to cover up lights. Cinder blocks are my go to when I need to raise things.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yeah was thinking electrical tape. A little annoying, though - in addition to the power icon lighting up each button has a halo around the edge. MORE TAPE!

Cinderblocks are not a bad idea but I may not have enough room. Base of the fan is about 3"x4" and I have maybe 6 inches to play with either in front or in back... I'll figure something out I'm sure....

13. Took a few microscope pictures in the cab earlier - mostly cloudy and (finally) some ambers! Flush starts Saturday and harvest the following Saturday.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. #16 Steakbomb, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Seeds are starting to sprout. One Liberty Haze has poked through and it looks like one of the purps will be following it very soon (piece of rapid rooter I plugged the hole with is getting pushed out)...

Hopefully have some pictures of four baby plants coming this weekend!

15. Couple updates today.

First up - all four seeds have popped as of this morning. Got the lights lowered a bit closer and have taken the humidity dome off the seedling tray.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Second - started flushing the cabinet plants this evening. Technaflora prescribes a 2-day flush with cal/mag and a TON of sugardaddy, followed by 5 days of plain water. Going to change over to water either Sunday night or Monday morning.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Move up day for the seedlings! Have them 10" from the lights and running technaflora's root66/sugardaddy transplant nutes - sitting at a TDS of 250. Planning to switch over to 1/4-1/3 strength veg nutrients next weekend.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Gonna switch the cabinet over to plain water later tonight for the final flush - harvest next Saturday!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Started the plain flush yesterday morning in the cabinet. Harvest in 4 days!
    [​IMG]
    Cleaned up some popcorns under the screen as well. Letting them dry and will probably do a smoke test in the next few days...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4