Steakbomb's Quantum Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Steakbomb, Oct 3, 2017.

1. #501 Schplakken, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    You might benefit from putting some intense light on your plants. Plants need strong light and weeds like cannabis need intense light. If the tops aren't eating the food from healthy roots and converting the intense light from above, they won't develop to their full potential. I'm still working on the 'Full Potential' thing! Haa!
    DSCN7179.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lol

I'll drop the light down to get some more lux once I feel like the nutes are dialed in. I will say after 18hrs of flushing the plants looked way better, so I put them back on nutes last night.

In addition to looking screwy from the calmag, they also were looking nitrogen deficient. New soup is just about the same TDS as the last batch - just a little more base/grow & way less calmag/other supplementals.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Plants are doing WAY better now that the soup composition is fixed. Growing like I'd expect marijuana to grow. May be a little strong on the soup, but at least the growth is telling me I don't have too much of one thing in particular anymore.
    I know they don't look "good" yet, but definite improvement in color and growth rate of the leaves... 20180610_082703.jpg 20180610_082705.jpg

I dropped my light down about 8 inches this morning. Will see if more lux results in them perking up now - if not I may dilute a little bit tomorrow.

Even if the yield winds up sucking with these autos I am glad I am working out getting my nute formula right. Since the bucket rig, QBs, and even using botanicare nutes are all things I have yet to complete a grow with, learning how to use them right is definitely valuable!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Damn a few hours later they are def loving the closer light. Dropped it a few more inches - now putting 35k lux on them. I may yet coax some decent growth out of them...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Started working on the chiller loop for the starter tent. Bulkheads and water pump arrived, so I have holes drilled and the return installed. Rest of the parts should arrive over this week while I'm traveling again for work. If everything arrives by next weekend and works, I'm gonna pop those Crimea Blue seeds...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Quick shots from this morning. Minor leaf clawing going on at the moment, but otherwise the new growth looks fantastic! 20180611_081441.jpg 20180611_081449.jpg
    So the solution might be a little strong at the moment, but the ratios are good. I'm gonna let it coast where it is - with the amount of roots they have & the fact that they should be much more developed by now, I'm betting that when I get bacl from this weeks' work trip they'll be looking pretty damn good...

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Your grow is looking better bro! I think these have about a week to go.
    'Shit' strain from Mr. Nice seeds. It's a skunk cross.
    DSCN7299.JPG DSCN7300.JPG DSCN7310.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey Steakbomb... have you checked out GoldGrower's thread on dialing in nutes? I think that method may help alot, rather than randomly adding/diluting/etc.
    How To Determine Your Plants Preferred Nutrient Strength

Personally, I'd raise the light back up a tad to a distance you know 100% certain is safe (0% chance of light burn/too much intensity). Then start with GG's nute method. Once you have that dialed in over the course of 3-5 days... and it stays at a constant ppm... then I'd slowly start lowering the light 1" or so per day until you start to see symptoms of heat/light stress, then back it off 2-3".

Plants are very adaptable to their environment over time (within reason)... but changing the environment too frequently (light height, nute strength, etc) may very well be stressing them out too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Def doing way the fuck better! Been gone 3 days and I barely recognize the plants now!
    20180614_181227.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Huge improvement bro! Nice paramedic skills! Haa!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I have - my issue was definitely *anticipating* a calmag deficiency that never happened.

I've also been doing a full water change each week instead of partials which has usually been my style. As such when I do soup changes, there's more potential for a big swing in tds.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yeah autos suck

• Like Like x 1
  13. Little chiller arrived! Gonna set it up later today and do a test run with chilling water / seeing how ambient temps do in the tent.
    20180616_114948.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. I gotta say, the plants are starting to look pretty good. Pistils are forming, so might be cutting over to bloom nutes soon. Still gonna be a lousy yield but lots of good learning.
    20180616_181636.jpg
    Popped 3 crimea blue seeds this evening as well. Since the chiller loop is gonna be up & running in the tent this week, might as well get some plants going so I can take some clones...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Coming back nicely bro! 10 more days on these? They haven't had water for 4 days. The big pots hold a lot of nutes they don't need so 1 more small drench ro water flush tomorrow.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Had to move my tent into an open room - summer heat is too much, especially when you have several power supplies and other shit running in a 50cu ft space with no ventillation lol.

Anyway - doing a test run with the chiller now. Seeing if it can pull 70 degree water down to 60. Now that the tent is in a more open space, it seems to be working well so far. About 1 degree in a couple hours.

Water goes out the bottom left, goes to a pump inside the tent, then chiller outside, and back to the res top right. 20180617_134548.jpg 20180618_201933.jpg

• Like Like x 1