Steakbomb's Quantum Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Steakbomb, Oct 3, 2017.

1. If they have a non-FB website I wouldn't mind poking around...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Definitely needed more calmag. A day later and more leaves are showing signs of calmag deficiency. Brought the calmag from 1g/3gal to 1g/1gal this morning - added another 0.1 EC / 50 TDS in the process. That res is now riding at about 2.5ish on EC - running HOT!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wow! That’s like Mexico hot! Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  4. You ain't kidding dude.

When I used to use the technaflora nutes I'd probably hit around 3-3.1 way at the end of flower. I'm really wondering what the high EC mark is gonna be at the end for the hazes on Megacrop!

5. Lol. That’s crazy. My first indoor (first time I posted here) I hit an ec of 2.3 and I was mortified. It just about killed my girl too. Between that and having my leds way too close I basically fried the fuck outta all 3 plants I had. Since then I haven’t passed 1.9 and that was just recently and I pump and dumped right away. Hahah.
    Like I said it’s amazing to me how different growers can be and still get results. I don’t understand it but hey if it works...... rite?!

• Like Like x 3
  6. #386 Steakbomb, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Recovery still coming along nice in the cab...
    20180412_085710.jpg
    New nodes filling in. Hopefully when its REAL new growth on the next node (as opposed to growth that had been stunted while things got sorted out) the leaves won't be curly anymore.

Gonna do a trim and cleanup this weekend on the cab plants. I was starting to manifold them before the move to the cab and now that they're coming back I need to continue the process!

The auto is still showing more signs of Ca deficiency. Since I bumped it up yesterday I'm not going to add more yet. I did notice my pH was low today, though, so I bumped it up to about 6.1. Thinking the ongoing Ca deficiency could be due to lockout from low pH...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Do you use a silicate? Silica is needed for cal uptake. And cal is needed for mag uptake in that order. If you have an issue with something like mag and you are sure you’re giving enough it could be that the facilitator is the actual issue. It’s all about a good balance of nutrients. When 1 is out of wack it causes issues in other places. I have no real advice on what to do. Just spewing facts from my useless brain mostly. Lol. I just think you should be seeing more positive results by now. Dwc usually does what it’s gonna do pretty fast good or bad.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yeah megacrop has silica in it - it's got it all! Lol

Really just dealing with growing pains on how much Megacrop is needed to hit the right levels for what the plants need at different phases. As you mentioned, dwc moves quick, so I probably just need to react to things a little more quickly and I'll be good to go.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Just seems like we are all missing something silly. I think about these girls more than my own for Pete’s sake. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think it boils down to two separate things.
    -In the cab, the hazes are still recovering from spending nearly 2 weeks on overly low nute levels. The lower leaves are still fucked from that. The newest leaves had started forming before the nute fix, so their shape is a little off from the previous stress, but the size and color has returned to normal.
    -On the auto in the tent, it's going thru flower quick (as you'd expect from an auto) so I'm needing to adjust things / react to things fairly quick too.

I'm less worried now than I have been - I think the big issues have been squashed and I'm just fine tuning now. I expect the cab to be looking "good" in another week. The auto might be trickier but I'll get it sorted.

• Like Like x 3
  11. A good comparison of 4 days ago vs now on that one haze.
    20180406_131807.jpg 20180412_085710.jpg
    (I may have rotated this plant 180 degrees at some point in between pics)

The small curled in leaves in the first pic have all mostly uncurled and grown to normal size. The tiny new leaves in pic 1 are filling in too but also shaped a little weird from the previous stunting.

Older leaves that were already on the decline prior to the nute fix aren't recovering, but since they were already mature when the nutes were wrong I don't think they will.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cal deficiency looking less severe on the auto now, but still showing up on different leaves. Added more calmag today - now at the 2g/gal of calmag prescribed on the bag...
    20180413_093932.jpg
    EC now at about 2.98! No signs of nute stress aside from the low cal, though.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Looks like they’re recovering nicely.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Foliage doing pretty well, but the stems are pretty weak. I attempted LST-ing some branches out yesterday and wound up breaking one off. Decided to just do the manifold once that happened so now each plant is just two mains.

On a similar note I've definitely been overfeeding the auto. The cal deficiency I've been seeing has gotten worse since I went to 8g/gal of MC, leading me to think cal was locked out from too much Nitrogen or Potassium. Did a water change yesterday for that plant and went back down to 5.5g/gal.

Probably gonna switch the photos back to botanicare. Although the megacrop is easier to mix up, I'm struggling with hitting the right level to get good growth. Might be easier to figure out on a set of plants that start with megacrop vs making a switch.

This megacrop experiment is definitely giving me some serious humility. Making me feel like I have no idea what I'm doing (which is probably accurate hahaha)...

• Like Like x 2
  15. That stuff scares me in general. There’s so many nute companies that split their stuff at least into a a&b that I find it hard to believe it’s a good idea to have everything in 1 bottle. Unless you were using something like seaweed or ewc. But you’d still need amendments to get the most from your girls.
    But I am no expert either so what do I know. Lol.
    Hope you’re almost there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks man.

Thinking I'm gonna keep experimenting with MC on autos, but for the photos I'm growing to keep a steady supply of bud on hand I'm switching back. I'm thinking there's probably a 0.5g/gallon zone I need to be in at different phases to get it right (so say 5.5-6g per gallon on the auto now). I'll nail it down eventually, but definitely gonna have some trial and error and probably gonna expect something different with each strain.

I can't really afford to be screwing around with the photos like that. I did a res change today and went back to the botanicare kind mix I was running, just a little stronger. Running at an EC of about 1.46 in there at this point - when I stopped the botanicare before I was at about 1.2ish, so hopefully this will be a good level for the current age of the plants. Fingers crossed everything gets back to actually healthy in the next week or so.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I got light spotting on mine. Cal mag more than likely given the indica pheno. Week six starts today then gunna flip to flower on 420 IMG_1992.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  18. Not at all Steak, you got this. Sometimes things just take more time to correct. I have one acting up towards the end that I’m attempting to fix. She might just be in the finishing stage though. I’m trying not to overdo corrections being in week 8 flower and new strain. She’s on switched supernatural 1/8th strength now.
    IMG_2034.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cab is on day 3 back on botanicare. Things seem to be improving, or at least not getting worse - new root tendrils coming out of all 3 net cups. Hopefully that gets followed by some new growth later in the week.

Tent plant is looking pretty lousy. Not sure if not enough MC or too much at this point. pH was super low this morning so that could also be contributing...

20. Hi, steak!

Is there an advantage to running nute levels at that high of an ec/ppm level? As a newbie I am considering raising mine in flower but don't know if that helps with yield/quality?

Do the buds get bigger if you can safely get more nutes into them?

• Like Like x 2