Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Staying Healthy With Reefer

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Puggs189, Dec 15, 2007.

1. I was just wondering what everyone thought about this, Someone once told me if you smoke cigarettes you are more prone to catch a cold. Wondering if that was true, I don't smoke cigarettes but I was wondering if the same was true for weed. Cus' nothings worse than getting sick during wrestling season, I imagine eating it wouldn't have the same effect.
    Thoughts?

2. Eating it = waste of weed. I've never heard you are more prone to catching a cold. THe main thing smokin weed will do is hurt your lungs. But even a homemade vaporizer can lessen the stress on your beautiful oxygen moving sacs.

3. Eating it ain't a waste of weed, especially when you have an ample supply
    :hello:

4. smoking in general kills vitamin c cells in your body and vitamin c is a big part of your immune system. take a 500 mg vitamin c pill or supplement in the morning with breakfast or try to drink orange juice a couple times a day.

5. yeah cigarettes lower your immune system a bit

i dont know if cannabis does, i dont care either its still my headache/nausea/indigestion/upset stomach/diahrrea medicine

6. also, the act of smoking pot with friends means that if one of them have a cold or are getting one, then they might pass it to you when you smoke together.

and cooking is no waste of pot, considering you can use complete schwag or shake to get you really obsurdly high.

7. sounds like a pepto ad haha (do the dance:p)

8. Weed has somehow strenghtened my immune system? I get a cold like once a year if even that.

I take an omega 3 and the other omega supplement, once a day multivimtain/mineral, eat healthy and just keep myself in shape.

9. lol, i got the flu like 2 weeks ago, but the last time since then i had gotten sick was about 3 years ago. like feeling like utter shit(except hangovers) and a fever and bad cough, the works if you will.

10. Marijuana supresses the immune system, so yes, you are more likely to get sick.

11. What Mr. Bunglesmith said; Marijuana suppresses the immune system. You will have a higher susceptability to sickness. :)

12. Mhmm, while MJ makes all my illnesses go away, it does indeed give the immune system a bit of a beating. :( but hey, nothing comes without a price.

13. Cannabis supresses the immune system? Why the hell do they give it to cancer patients on chemotherapy? it alreay reduces the immune system.

14. Thanks for the information guys, would my immune system be lowered if I ate it as well?

15. I hurt the same thing your talking about when i took Bio11 there are some things in your lugs that act kinda like your nose hairs do i guess and when you smoke they stop working for 30 minits becuse you get tar on them wish i coudl exsplane it better but it was too long ago.

16. also if you like to consider yourself a cannabis connesuer you cant smoke ciggs they kill your sense of smell and taste

17. :confused: