Status of my garden?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by imsoheh, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Hello GC,

I wasn't sure where to put this post, since I have a couple of questions on various topics. But please bear with me.

I have 5 female plants, all bagseeds, almost three months since germination still on veg, all of them are in 5 gallon buckets except one. Closet grow. I have three 55 watt and two 27 watt full spectrum lights on the sides and two T8 32watt florescent over them 20/4. I sorta fucked up on the medium...I used Miracle gro organic choice GARDEN SOIL ( 0.10 - 0.05 - 0.10) which is meant for outside gardens. The reason why they said it shouldn't be used for containers is because the soil is too compact. But I put a good amount of perlite, about 25%, so I think it shouldn't be a big problem. The plants seem to be doing just fine in them. Haven't used any nutes yet.

I've noticed that my plants are more vertically gifted than other plants i've seen around the forum. I'm guessing this mainly has to do with me not topping them. I've only recently topped the one all the way to the right.

I'm planning on flowering soon, seeing how all of them have started pre flowering though not all of them have alternating nodes. What should i go by, alternating nodes which indicate maturity or pre flowers?

I have to move to a different room soon and i realize i might be fucked space wise. So I'm planning on topping the plants. How long should i wait after topping them to start flowering? i heard that topping after flowering or near the switch could be detrimental to the plants i'm wondering if this is true.

My weakest plant is stretched out from not getting enough light in its first couple of weeks or so. I'm not sure if you can tell by the picture but its the one in the middle, still in the 1 gallon pot. A couple of days ago, I found small amounts of honey looking, yellow sap dripping out of the bottom nodes of the main stem. I did some research and found out that it happens when the stem breaks? But my plant has not been snapped or anything so I'm wondering what's causing this and if this is harmful to the plant?

I felt like i just wrote a fucking essay. Any input is greatly appreciated, please help! Sorry about the shitty picture.

Attached Files: