State Of Decay

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by NeverComingDown, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Who bought this game for the xbox 360? It just came out June 5th and i heard it sold over 500,000 copies already.

This is a zombie survival game OPEN WORLD. you can run around freely and explore anywhere you like. They have implemented mechanics such as crouching in bushes so you dont get seen by zombies, running out of stamina if you sprint to much or out to long exploring. You can find survivors and each survivor has a different characteristics and special abilities.

There is over 99 weapons to use and you can drive cars too. So far it is only single player but there is talk about updates and DLC for co-op. I just bought the game last night so i only played for about 2 hours and i love it im sure there is much more for me to learn and see

2. #2 fallen in smoke, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    I bought it the day it came out.
    Pretty entertaining even though my first characters died already haha

3. Marcus is almost maxed out, and eveyone else is missing, oh well

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. the first characters are probably the strongest since you level them up first.

i really like the way you can execute the zombies when they are on the ground

5. I havent played in like 2 days, I cant seem to get more people to join me then they end up dying like retards. also people from my group keep going missing then I gotta go find their asses. 

I should be in marshall already, but I'm trying to set up at that warehouse but I only have 9 people, and I have no idea where the fuck Ed went to. 

pretty fun game though, I got Marcus pretty much maxed out, his shooting is a bit low, but I gave him only a 22 rifle and a 44 magnum until just recently, he's got some assault rifle I found while helping out the sheriff in marshall.

for anyone that knows, can I use the artillery strikes on infested houses? I've got like 2 infestations but I hate dealing with screamers and eventually the fatasses come in and just fuck me up. I love using airstrikes on those fat guys though, one tried to bum rush my truck after I tossed a strike by him, I sped off and watched the glory, it made up for all the bs.

6. Was walking around in the forest behind the church and a feral zombie ripped marcus in half :(. probably going to restart a new game since im not that far in anyway

theres been talk of new DLC coming out, hopefully the give us multiplayer or co-cop

7. that'd be cool, though hopefully its just an update and not dlc, or if it isnt, free dlc

8. Sandbox mode is coming :) I believe that's free!
    Games fun, but i played a lot in two days and beat it,, Didn't really get to experience the whole things-happen-while-Im-offline bit. Wish it had more too it!

9. The trial sold me. I went out to 7-11 and bought a card like 3 hours after my trial was up. Shits gonna get serious!

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. hopefully I can get a new tv tomorrow and bring my xbox back in here so I can play some more, seems like everytime I try and plan to play it I get sidetracked with other shit I gotta do. god I hope I dont have a million missing or dead, still have no idea where the fuck ed went to.

11. They run off when your not playing? Lol, what. Oh, and does this guy ever sleep? I don't like roaming around at night that much. Too dark to see these bastards.

12. yea the game continues when you turn it off, thats why when you start up you'll get flooded with updated shit. Ed has been missing for atleast a week now I think, I should probly go see if I can find anything in the log but it'd take forever.

13. #13 Enchanted, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    Hope you find that poor bastard. I'm only up to the part when I found out Lilly from the Church basically used me lol. So far, just chillin at home base until the morning comes. Then I found out it plays in real time, so maybe I'll pick up from where I left in rhe morning.

Update; Marcus died. Motherfucker. There was this giant ass herd coming up to the church and I was already tired, and couldn't switch to anyone.>.>

14. #14 DJMax, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    I may just pick[ed] this up, I find DayZ boring.

15. yea dayz seems cool if you got people to play with, but theres no direction other than survive and kill other players.

I finally got my new tv, its a sony wega from 04, heavy as fuck but so much better than my old tv. was playing some cops and robbers on gta4 but I'm horrible at that game now so I switched and played state of decay for awhile. didnt really accomplish much, I'm trying to get some more people to join but I cant really figure out how. guess I should try destroying the 2 infestations on the outskirts of town, maybe that will get them to join so I can move to the warehouse in marshall.

16. Just finished downloading, I'm bout to pack one and start a game

17. #17 Grimm420, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    hopefully you have better luck. there was supposedly an update for it like a week or so ago that was supposed to do all the below, but I guess it didnt work or something so they're releasing TU2 this next week I guess. I was mostly looking forward to the too many infestations thing cuz its annoying.

• Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
    • Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
    • Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
    • NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer's Mill.
    • The “Too many infestations!” event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
    • The “Too many infestations” to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
    • You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
    • Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
    • Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
    • NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer's Mill when called to gather supplies.
    • You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
    • Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
    • NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
    • Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
    • Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson's farmhouse.
    • Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
    • Fixed various translations bugs.

18. almost forgot, I just learned something yesterday or the day before. when you go into the menu thing with the homebase and survivors and all that, the second one with a star, if you scroll down that you can pick skills and choose a weapons class. blunt, sharp, heavy, pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, assault rifle, etc, then some kind of skill I forget what its called but you unlock them when you level up your stats(I chose ninja, move fast when crouching and silent searching and I fuckin love it). then theres I think its called defensive skill, you can do like a shove that knocks them down, a kick that does the same, or a double kill counter. 

I think you unlock different over time when your stats get better, but idk.

19. I think I'm doing fairly well. managed to not die, setup two outposts and stop a feral zombie. Had to rest my guy as he's been up for like 2-3days straight.

20. Been playing this lately, I love it. It be cool if they made a coop mode though.

I like how once a character dies thats it for them. 

The big fat zombies are a pain the ass man