starting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by galaxyofacid, Aug 9, 2004.

1. well i have finally gotten some healthy seeds and well cut up a pepsi bottle in half, put soil in it and have filled it up with water and left it ... its really hot in this side of the world ... so i have left them out ... about 15 seeds in a small 500 ml bottle half filled with soil ... wht shld i do next and i have a pot to put the pods in ... was also wanted to know how powerful shld the bulb be to help the plant grow ???

2. I would leave them in the pepsi cans for abour 24hours, then the ones that cracked, I would plant them in at about 1/3 of an inch inside the soil. But for those who still haven't split, put them in a plastic tupperware container between 2 sheets of paper towel to keep them in a humid environement, and put the container in a dark place, cuz seeds dont like light ;) And for your lighting, you can use sunlight for now, as much as possible too, and after about 3 to 5 weeks, when they get in vegetation phase, you should use a fluorescent light, preferably a 400watt HPS is recommended, but for starters you can use only a 40watt fluo light, which is cheaper. BUt afterwards, either get more of those 40watts or switch to 400watt HPS (the best).

Another good idea would be to read the guides off this site, which are a great help, look around for them, and read those "Grow Journals" too, trust me, you can practically use them as a step-by-step guide while growing.

Later man, and good luck.

3. have you tried to germinate your seeds???

because its a very important part + you can see wich seeds are alive and wich are dead ((the one that doesnt crack))

i hope you didnt put all the 15 seeds in the same bottle maybe i just misunderstood but if you did plz use one for each

if you say its hit and all outside i also recommend that you keep them outside. lots of sun is very good.

are you planning on growing outside or inside?

4. thxs... i am growing them inside ... so its my first time and was very curious ... i have read all the sites and grow guilds and gotten the soil and everything else, the seeds were the hardest ... so well yes all of them r in the plastic can filled with soil and water frm yesterday .... i need to know which is the most viable solution as i want my plantsnot to be too tall but bushy ... need to grow small plants ... also i read that giving the sappling 24/7 light for the growth stage is really good it increases the yeild time faster to 6 harvets ??? just curiours ;) another question ... pot is very photo sesitive so wht happens if the growth cycle is disturbed ???