Starting week 6 of flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Em8023, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Just want to check these look ok for start of week 6 flower , I have 3 different strains but don't know which are which will I ever be able to work out which one is which at any point ? Worried that I don't know which is which to work out when they should be done .
    At what stage do I need to stop feeding them about how many weeks from these pictures till the end ? Do they look at least half way to being finished ?

image-142062754.png

image-2485027268.png

image-1425239911.png

2. If you're good and know what they smell like in the first place (IE have grown them before) you can tell by the look/smell, but otherwise not really. I have 3 different strains going and they're all pretty distinctly different not only in look, but particularly in smell, so I suppose if you have a good sniffer you could probably tell, but if they're all close to the same smell and you've never grown them before, likely not. They don't exactly write their names in crystals on the bud. Certainly possible if you're good though.

3. You sure that's week 6 of flower? That's more like week 3 IMO. You have like 6-8 weeks left I'd say..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes defo start of week 6 , I thought they were looking shit for 6 weeks what could be wrong then ? Do u think the lights are too far away from them or something ? Or my 400 w hps light isn't enough for 6 plants maybe ?

5. Did you start counting the days for flowering when u flipped the lights to 12/12 or when they showed pre flowers?

If you counted when u started 12/12 it could maybe have taken 2 weeks maybe a little more for the pre flowers to come in, and it isnt really floweing till the first pre flowers

6. Every grower that I know as a grower starts the count as soon as they switch to 12/12 I always have I'f I didn't my buds would start to degrade and die in that 2 extra weeks ur talking about! Why flower if you don't see any pre flowers?? That's the point of the pre flowers

7. #7 canadiankush19, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013

I dont know, ive gone by when they show pistils It just doesnt make sense to me, my plant started to show pistils in a day of 12/12 this grow and it took 2 weeks for pistils to show in my last grow, with the same strain (ak47). so wont the plants i have now finish 2 weeks faster? Cause they did show their pistils 2 weeks earlier? I could be wrong, it just makes more sense to me. I could be very wrong lol its just what i think but now im not too sure :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 greenbowlpacker, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
    Your looking a little small for 6 weeks I run 4 plants at most under a 400w unless there small.

9. Showing pistils is just a sign of plant maturity. They will show in veg if mature or after a few weeks of flower if not mature. I'd give them the same amount of time not less. Easiest way is to get a $12 magnifying scope(60x-100x) from radio shack and watch the trichs. Then you won't even need to keep track of time.

10. I left them in veg for about 8-9 weeks so they showed the pre flower sign ages before I turned the lights to 12/12 and I've counted the flower days as of the day I switched them . Last night was start of week 6 . I've read on here of the pineapple chunk taking up to over a 100 days flower to finish . The 2 plants with the biggest buds on the white hairs have started to go orange, plus I think there really taking off now that I've stripped off loads of leaves that were blocking all the light to the bud sights so hopefully they will start to get bigger quickly now

11. I wouldn't go off the hairs. I think that's a dated technique. Trichs are what you're after, not hairs. Be careful pullin leaves aswell. I have 4 plants flowering, 2 I trimmed too much and they have some midget/stunted nugs(but coated) and the other 2 have more fan leaves and the nugs are still popping out new growth at week 10/12. Also I wouldn't go 100 days. You can but you dont know what that dude did to get it to100. But to each his own...

12. Well I must of done something else wrong for them to be so small and took the leaves off only few days ago so couldn't be the affects of doing that that has stalled them , just hope I haven't ruined them completely now then cause I've ripped off loads of leaves :(
    I did the first grow for a mate , so didn't really know anything at all but I really enjoyed it come the end so started studying the whole thing loads so I guess this is my learning grow trying new tricks I'm reading about etc , ill be gutted if it doesn't go to well though cause this time it's my money that's been spent un like the first grow I did . I really wish I'd stuck to one strain now would of been wiser being as I don't know enough yet lol.
    I've raised them up today think they have been a bit far away from the lights how close should they be roughly ?

13. Just finish them no matter what. Like you said this is your learning grow. My first white widow girls got stressed so much from heat, not watering, over trimming and when they were seedlings they dried out so much they were laying on the ground. I really abused the shit out of them and I still got 20oz off of 4 plants(1000wHPS)of some awesome stuff. The ones that were stunted to the point where they wouldn't bulk up at all, had the most trichome coverage. But I made mistakes from seed to smoke-able and have only come across 2 seeds which were maybe halfway developed. I was bummed because I poured every penny I had and enough hours to be a second job into my setup for 6 months and never saw a dime in return. Just keep reading and experimenting. Depends on the lights and conditions of your area. I keep my t5s about 2"-4" away from my vegging canopies with a fan flowing air across the tubes all day and a humidifier going with the temps at 82-84/~40%RH and they love it(i find a humidifier is key in veg, especially if temps are high and airflow is higher). I keep my 1000w HPS about 20" away from canopies with a refrigerated air unit going at 74 inside the tent and a fan blowing the cold air across the hood and throughout the tent with an exhaust fan sucking the cold air through the hood and out the tent, where the air is still cool. Really you want them as close as possible without burning the canopies and without causing heat issues though.

14. Guess what I'd made a mistake with the times I was starting week 5 not 6 like I thought lol :mad:
    Yesterday was actually the start of week 6

image-3444513323.png

image-1192043411.png

image-1679868839.png

image-2636679237.png

image-837404087.png

These were a few pictures I took today , how do they look ? I think they are coming along slowly at last

• Like Like x 2
  15. No pictures came up bro

16. Starting Week 6 Today & This Is My 1st Grow. Am I On The Right Track ?

Attached Files:

17. Tomorrow starts week six for me... The cola next to the 1 quart nute bottle IMG_3250.JPG IMG_3251.JPG IMG_3261.JPG starts 4" below the bottom of the bottle.

• Like Like x 1