Starting up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zbh206, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Hey, I'm about to be moving into my own place in a little over a year and I'm going to start growing.

I'm thinking about getting the phototron 6 to grow in
    http://www.phototron.com/catalog/phototrons.html

I kind of need to know any other supplies I need to keep a healthy plant.
    Also, what kind of weed should I grow?
    I was thinking about northern lights, but I don't want to take on something I can't handle for my first plant

Any feedback is good feedback

-Z:smoking:

2. they look good but ive never heard of them.

3. I've never put any stock into these fancy schmancy "specially" constructed grow
    chambers.. maybe they work, maybe they dont.. I have seen a few growers here
    who post pics of their plants in them and they looked weak as hell.

You're getting your own place.. fuck.. build a secret room or convert a spare
    room into a real veg & flowering room.. do it right man.

Look how cramped the plant is in the photo.. weak. If you do get it, get an
    indica.. sativas are too bushy to be grown in that bastard.

I wouldnt go with one of those.. but thats a personal opinion. Maybe they are
    great.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

4. if your super lazy and have the money thats the best premade grow chamber thing ive seen.

5. I just cant imagine using that thing.. you'd only get to grow a single, small plant and
    for that money you could build three or four yourself.. If you're that lazy and have
    that kind of money.. fuck it.. buy your weed!

6. Although it might be cool to own, I would never spend that much on something when that money could go to a better/more rewarding project.

7. #7 mad4reef, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You can build a better grow system for about 1/3 of the cost. I am not saying it is junk or anything, but it isn't worth the cost in my opinion.

Seriously dude. Do you live under a rock? These things have been advertised in every issue of high times since the mid '80s. ;)