Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Starting up

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jaarad, Oct 15, 2013.

1. I smoke a lot with my friends, but I wanna get my own set together, so I have a few questions. I plan on using a bong, anyone know what a good brand is that's cheap? (Under $100) 
    How does a bong work? Do I just put the water in through the top or what?
    How do filters work? Do I need them? (Wont be doing hash)
    What's a grinder? How do you use it? Is it important?
    How important are eyedrops?
    I want something very potent for under $20/g, any suggestions? ( I live in Canada, Ontario )

What else is essential for bong smoking? I'm a weekend type smoker and I'm trying to keep it discrete.

2. There are lots of decent bongs for under $100 here on grass city, there's also some decent ones for cheap on gogopipes.com

And yes, you pour water through the top until the water is about up to the downstem.

No you don't need a screen for a bong.

A grinder is used for grinding up nugs. You don't need one, you can use your fingers or scissors but a grinder is a good investment.

Whether you need eyedrops or not depends on if you're gonna be around family or people that you don't want them to know you're high.

As for your last question, I can't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. There are plenty of good bongs you can find with a $100 budget. I would recommend either buying one off of grasscity (one with good reviews) or find one that looks nice to you at a local head shop. Whatever bong you buy will get the job done once you get acquainted with it. Bongs work by filtering the smoke through water that's usually poured through the top. There will be a specific marginal line where you want the water to be at with every bong, which you'll be able to find after a few uses. Find an area where there's a good amount of water without it splashing your mouth. Screens may or may not be necessary depending on how large the hole in the bottom of the bowl is. I will say that they never hurt to have since they are so cheap anyway. You may even be able to get some free at a local head shop. A grinder is a very important accessory to have IMO. I didn't realize how nice they really are until I lost mine. Luckily after a few bowls of weed that was pulled apart (uggghhh), I found it. Grinders will make your herb burn evenly and pack better. They're pretty easy to use and also pretty self-explanatory if you could see and use one. Eye drops may be necessary but I never use them because I just don't give a fuck, and you might have to think about how many people you're gonna be seeing, and how many of those people you wouldn't want knowing about You smoking. If you are going to use eyedrops, use Rhoto's. They're pretty widely available and I've honestly never seen any eyedrops work better. Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1