Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Starting to prefer to smoke alone?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nb790, Mar 8, 2011.

1. lately ive been getting bored of toking with my friends.. theres 4 of us total that are always burnin together who are my best friends, with 3-4 more good friends who are joining in when they can.. im so used to burning with friends, ever since i started smoking, i think ive only smoked alone 4 or 5 times over 2 years.

its just been getting old, kind of a routine. especially since the majority of them dont want to do anything except smoke and sit (do the same thing.. and lately they just get so high they dont talk at all so its boring as fuck) rather than going to the movies or going out and doing something.. theyre fun people, great friends..but so smoked out sometimes.. it gets old after a few months

recently ive been wanting to smoke alone n just chill.. relax n get away from that debbie downer shit "Nahh i dont wana do anything" bullcrap, i figure if im just going to sit quietly when i smoke, i might as well do it alone and save that much more weed, and listen to the music i want for the entirety of the sesh... last night i picked the bong up from my buddys house n drove out to our "spot" (sick ass view of the valley and i could clearly see LA last night and i'm 50 miles south of it!) and burned a couple fat bowls.. listened to some bob, just sat n chilled staring out at the view.. was pretty nice for a change. i think im definitely going to start doing it more often..

pretty sure its just a phase, but anyone else feel this way sometimes?
    i think i want to invest in an MFLB just for when i want to toke alone n walk around my neighborhood at night or something.. or ill just start rolling jays ;)

2. Smoking alone is great. Social smoking has its place, but for the most part I prefer smoking by myself.

3. I think there are pros and cons to smoking alone and socially, i dont prefer one over the other as a whole, but sometimes i definitely prefer one over the other... you know.... Some nights i just wanna get high and watch a movie to myself and kick it with my ferret and shit.... sometimes i wanna get high with people, have some laughs, make some feasts.... hahahah it all depends

4. yeah before recently, i just felt like when i smoked alone i was just being a fiend, like its strictly a social activity. but now im starting to see it for more than that n leaning toward burning solo probably half the time.. starting to enjoy my own company.. and just chill with some music.

Edit:
    totally jealous of your ferret sirsog.. haha ive always wanted one.

5. I used to try to avoid smoking alone, because people told me that (Like alcohol) when you start to do it alone is when you truly become a pothead.

But then it hit me, fuck it, I AM a pothead!

6. hahaha, ferrets are so kick ass, not in ANYWAY easy to care for, but they kick ass

7. oh, amatuers...

8. Uh, what now?

9. Eventually partaking alone is the natural progression when smoking marijuana. I think you're going to like it. I mean, smoking with friends is great, don't get me wrong, but puffing and then playing a good movie, video game, or song while just relaxing with the company of one's self can seldom be topped.

10. yea i know what you mean man, all my friends are messy stoners so theres like 8-10 people over in a small apartment. well you can imagine the mess and they all just leave after without cleaning it so its all up to me burnt out cleaning , but when i smoke by myself theres no really big mess and a bunch of guys at my place lmao

11. I remember when people said smoking alone makes you a pothead

So label me a pothead :wave:

12. Smoking alone for me is so relaxing. I really enjoy the time and thinking I get when Im smoking alone.

13. I smoke on a typical basis with 2-3 other buddies of mine. 1 of them never talks, 1 of them never shuts up and is always wanting to smoke another, and the other is the guy just shows up randomly. Sometimes it is a good mix between all of us when its a nice day and we all have weed and are in good moods. Thats when it's best to toke with friends, but I live alone with my black lab radar and him and I just kick it on the couch and smoke together and play ball out back while listening to music.

It's almost sad that sometimes i'd rather kick it with my dog than with some of my buddies, but it just happens that way.

You can be yourself when your alone and don't have to worry about shit (most of the time)

14. It all depends on what type of mood I'm in, sometimes I like smoking with a small group of two/three friends, sometimes a large group of ten or more, or just enjoying mary jane to my self. When I've had a long day at school, work or just a stressful day in general though, nothing beats coming home, packing a bowl, going in my backyard to smoke then coming back in and watching whatever I want on TV and chillin on my laptop.

15. I do love smoking out alone. I have a fishtank where i spend hours just watching fish under the blacklight. I also like writing and drawing.
    You cant do that shit at a party, every now and again its good to explore your thoughts aswell as the fridge.

16. I smoke by myself most of the time. The weekends i will blaze and go to parties. I prefer smoking alone and playing some videogames. Some of my friends just get stupid high

17. I always smoke alone, it's great.:smoke:

18. ditched my poli-sci class... had the bong on me, so i cruised out to my spot n blazed a fat bowl of OG swiss cheese and Tangerine Dream mixed. i was hearing things for a little i was so high haha.. i heard a squeaky toy like 4 times and when i looked there was no one on the entire street around me.
    :smoking: was nice to kick it alone though, i spent 2 hours just chillin in my truck looking out at the view listening to pink floyd, led zeppelin, and jimi hendrix the whole time.. some cudi on the way home.
    now im makin some chicken pot pie to satisfy the munchies :wave:

19. I have always preferred to get STONED by myself. :D

I dont mind smokin with others on a regular basis, but when I wanna sit back and get REALLY high I like to do it alone. There is nothing better than sittin back, turnin on some good music, and just smokin yourself stupid. :smoke:

20. I'm basically in the exact same situation, I
    Toke alone on the reg now, I love it!