Starting Out...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by online_doper, Jan 19, 2003.

1. I just got done setting up everything for my grow room. For now, I could only get flouresent lights. I have some HPS 400w bulbs but I need the "fixtures". So until then, I am stuck with the flouresents. I am an old outdoor grower so I have no clue how to grow indoor. I've gotten little tips from people here and there but I am just not sure. I got the lights about 6-inches above the soil, is this high enough? or too high? The seeds haven't sprouted yet. I am keeping the soil moist. I have the lights on 24hrs a day or until the seeds sprout. When they do sprout, I think I set the lighting time to 8-on 16-off. But I am not sure. Basically, I need someone to type me up a basic indoor grow plan. Including where the lights should be, how long the lights should be on in certain stages of the plant, ect. If someone could do this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

2. You don't need any light until they sprout.

3. Go at 24 hours of flouros for about 7-8 weeks at 2-3" from the tops of the sprouts and just keep them that far away for the entire grow. After the first 7-8 weeks go at 12/12 for 8-10 weeks. Keep it dark when lights are off. Don't forget to water every 2-3 days. Start spraying leaves at about 2 weeks. After 4 weeks of that you should prune the bigger leaves off every week or so. At 5-6 weeks, you might want to top them. Get a fan in there and run it every 4 hours for a half hour. Try some Schultz's Bloom Plus in the water and follow the directions. Use as many flouros as you can as evenly as you can. Don't forget to keep them 2-3" from the tops! Don't throw the prunings in the garbage. Save them for later or flush them. It works for me.

4. hey dude leave them light on 24 7
    wait for them to 7" to a foot then flip over to 12-12
    dont be shy with the light flourescent dont give off much heat so burning your top wont be a factor and get them ballasts for the hps youll not regred it

5. Thanks for the info. At least I know a little more about indoor than I did. I have some other questions about indoor, I figure I might as well ask, what kind of fertilizer should I use on the plants? And when should I fertilize? The soil that the plants will be in, is some organic soil I kinda made. I just took some old potting soil and added a little 20-20-20 fertilizer and I let some old vegetables and fruit rot in it. So I imagine the plants will have plenty of "food" for awhile. What am I talking about, I dont know. Tell me what you guys think

6. yea 202020 is good till u want them to bud then ya gotta switch over pleazed to help holla if ya need any thing else

7. It appears you may have gotten a little ahead of yourself if your seeds haven't germinated before you plant them in the soil you are going to have a very low sprout success rate. I didn't see mention of sprouting your seeds before you planted them.

I would suggest you read up a little on preparing the seeds for planting.
    I soak my seeds in warm water overnight to soften the shells then place them in a papertowel sandwich in a warm dark location, and they usally show baby roots in 2-3 days, then I plant them with the root side down a little less then 1/2 in good loose potting soil.
    I mist them with water to keep the area moist till I have my second real leafs then start to water deeper and deeper as it calls for it.

8. check out www.overgrow.com .. they have an excellent grow guide... and should answer any of your questions...

9. hey guys i have question i have 2 40 watt flurecent lites will these grow my plants and how long will it take for them to bud i know i have to put the lites a few inces away but i dont know how long it will take for my shit to bud and should my lites be on 24 hours a day for 7 to 8 weeks? if anyone can awnser me plz reply soon

10. no more food other then the poting soil needed if under flores. lights. just watch water ph.i usally go 18 hrs on 6 off for veg/for buds i set it for 14 hrs off 10 0n 6 to 8 weeks.