Starting my own grow box, will all this work together?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pdub721, Apr 1, 2014.

1. #1 Pdub721, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
    Hey fellas, I'm starting my own grow for personal use. I have been looking into growing extensively the past month and think I can take a dive. I'm looking at using either my closet or putting the box in my garage locked behind a plywood closet I keep my tools in right now. I have a little shopping list, some dimensions for a box. Im still working on what lighting I need - going to be using CFLs. I'm reading up on CFLs today and tonight to work out what bulbs I will need(daylight and softlight, need to work out wattage).

Anyway, the box is looking to be 7'x'3'x3' for 2-3 plants. I'm going to make a platform about 8-10 inches above the bottom of the box to hold the pots and have the intakes UNDER the platform so the air is cool and I can use the platform to help keep light out. I'll probably put a drip pan under the pots as well.

For a box my size, what should I be looking for in terms of how many CFLs? What wattage, is there a specific for wattage per square foot of a box I've missed somehow? Remember, we all smoke weed here.. Easy to miss things :bongin:

Other things I'll be using

Carbon filter for the exhaust
    Mylar for the walls
    Computer fans for airflow in the box and exhaust(vortex blower?)
    Temperature gauge
    Digital Timer for light cycle
    MDF or plywood for the walls and pieces of 2''x2'' for a frame.
    3-5 gallon pots for growth
    y socket splits either from a light socket or strip socket - probably strip just to use fused strips?
    Miracle grow seed starter soil and then MG organic garden soil.

I'll be updating this as I develop my plan until I make my thread for the build :D

2. I've come up with some new dimensions for a box. I don't really need one TOO big, I just want it to be a little taller so heat rises and I can get it out of there.

5x2x2
    8 bulbs 4 on each side of the plan and then a shop light with two bulbs on tops.

3. So did you have a specific question??