Starting my first grow.. or trying to..(uberrr grow nub)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by asianb.MARLEY, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Ok. So before I start I'm starting my list to go out and buy. ANY INPUT is helpful!!

Soil I'm trying to use: 1st choice- Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. can i find this at walmart?
    2nd choice- Black Gold Natural Organic. this also?
    3rd choice- miracle grow organic or Garden safe natural oraganic

Light: Using CFL seeing as how its going to be easier for a noob.
    Should I be using a 6500k or 5500k for vegetation?
    and 2700k and 2200k for flowering?

Vegetation if before flowering right? I still don't understand that concept completely.

Vegetation is when you first put your seedling in ur pot after sprouting? or is that the flowering part?

I'm going to be growing in my closet, in a small corner that is completely blocked from light and I'm planning on using like a thin piece of wood to block off the corner from any lighting and wrap mylar all over it. Then I'm going to have a lamp somewhere in there with a fan off to the side. Will this be a decent location? I'm only planning to grow one plant. So yeah.

Like I said ANY INPUT is great!!

2. Sounds like to have a pretty good start.
    Just for clarification, you'll start your plant with 18 hours to 24 hours of light after it's been germinated. THIS IS Vegetative stage, and it'll stay in this stage until you decide to switch your lighting to 12 hours of light. When you switch the lighting the plant will then enter it's Flowering stage.
    Hope this helped! Good Luck! :smoke:

3. Something like this

[​IMG]

4. omfg. ive been searching forever for this exact answer. is there a possibility you could tell me some time frames from beginning to end? (in weeks)

5. There are SO MANY options for your plants that a "timeframe" is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to say! I'd suggest growing your first plant based on the space you have! Keep in mind that your plant will AT LEAST double in size during flowering, it may even TRIPLE! So, grow your plant to one third the size of your grow space, then put it into flowering.
    Good Luck!

6. dude. read the stickies you need to learn a lot more or your grow will probably never work