Starting my 3rd Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MAgrowing96, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Started my 3rd grow yesterday. I'm currently germinating two feminized White Widow seeds in a cup of water. I've upgraded most of my equipment since my last grow, new light and tent! Can't wait to get them planted! In the manual for my new LED light (450w) it says to hang it at 36 inches for seedlings and 24 inches for veg, is that measured from the light to the bottom of the tent, or from the light to the top of the plants? Gonna try to post weekly updates on here and I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way. I also[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] made an Instagram for growing if anyone's interested (magrowing96)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. i dont really think there is a true good height to put your light at. I have an hps light, at first i put it high up, so my plants dont burn. Then i realised it was too strong (leaves where curling up) and it was getting hot. So i turned it down to 50% capacity, then i noticed a huge seedling stretch so i brought my HPS bulb closer and right now everything seems normal.

Good luck with your grow!

3. Looks like I have a little bit of experimenting to do then, thanks for the response!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Nice setup. What size is your new tent for your 450LED? I just bought a 3x3 Gorilla and thinking of trying LED instead of CFL. First time indoor grower. Will probably use soil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Following your grow. Hope your new setup gives you a nice grow. I’ll be using foxfarm too. Btw Whats that on lower left side of your tent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm sorry I just saw your comments! I have a 2.5 by 2.5 foot tent and in the bottom of the tent is just some soil in a zip lock bag. Good luck on your Grow! I've only ever used LEDs but I really like them and I think they're great for a Grow tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum