Starting Indoor, Finishing Outdoor - Purple Kryptonite

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by papasmoke, Mar 14, 2012.

1. A few days ago my seeds finished the germination process (I forgot to snap pictures) and I was able to plant them. I filled up 2 little pots with Roots Organic 707 soil, poked a hole in the soil and laid them on their sides. I am excited to see how these girls do. This will be my first seed grow, last year it was strictly clones. When I transplant these to outdoors, I plan on putting them into a 15-20 gallon pot to flourish. Hopefully none of these seeds become male, but I am hoping at least 1 will become female. By the way, these are all bag seeds from some dank. I put 4 other seeds inside of peat pellets and left them in their little mini greenhouse thing. I was curious how those bad boys will work. Well, thanks for stopping by

Here are pics of the soil in the bag, soil in the pot, watered soil in the pot, the jiffy pellet container, and the little setup.

They are currently on 24hr schedule, when do you suggest changing this?

Attached Files:

2. #2 papasmoke, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    I put them in their pots and under the light on the 11th. I woke up today and noticed that one has sprouted, even though I still have no clue about the sex. I am excited that I did the process right. I did not want to waste money on feminized seeds if I cannot start a healthy bagseed. Anyways, here is the little guy. When should i switch to 18/6?

Attached Files:

3. Update on the other plant

Attached Files:

4. I have to ask you where did you get the purple kryptonite seeds? I have been after them for about a month since I heard of them! Thanks mate im subscribed for sure good luck with the grow, the buds I saw were first class!

5. They are bagseeds. I am hoping for the best. I don't know what the odds are of them becoming a female but I'm rootin for them.

6. Well if you get any seeds at all, send them over to the UK to me haha. I don't think i'll ever get to smoke any of that bud. Hope they're female

7. I will do that man. Thanks for the support.

8. Lookin good. Off to a good start. Subbed. Joining along for the ride. Good luck, I'll be rootin :D for ya.

9. The more the merrier. I appreciate the support.

10. Personally, I'd leave them under the 24 hour light until you're ready to move them out. I don't bother stepping down the hours. My plants just seem happy to be under the real sun when I move them out. But that's just me...

Have you removed the plastic wrap yet? I know that seedling is going to want lots of fresh air.

11. Yes I did remove the saran wrap. I will keep it on 24hrs for a few more weekds then. Id prefer not to mess with the times.

12. I live in Norcal as well, when do you suggest putting them outside.... i was thinking 4/20 but will they be good under 24/0 untill then?

13. My phone is temporarily down and that is my camera. 2/4 of the seeds I popped in the Jiffy Pellets are just sprouting, I did not know what to expect with that method but I am glad it worked. I cannot see any roots protruding so I will let them stay in their case thing for another day or so. I will post picks asap!

14. [quote name='"papasmoke"']

I live in Norcal as well, when do you suggest putting them outside.... i was thinking 4/20 but will they be good under 24/0 untill then?[/quote]

4/20 should be perfect. And yeah, there's no reason not to leave them under 24 hour light IMO. Faster growth for bigger starts! Some people say 18/6 is better for root development, but I have nice healthy root systems on my 24/7 plants. It's all about preference really. 24/7-18/6 either way you'll be fine as long as you keep the lighting consistent.

15. Thank you so much!

16. Here you can see that these two have started to grow a lot more. The one on the left(in the tray picture) is a little behind then its partner, but they are both making me happy.

Attached Files:

17. So the other 4 seeds I put inside of the Jiffy Peat pellets. I did not do a germination process other than just plopping them inside the pellets(when they were soaked, of course). One of the seeds rooted through the bag and the other two did not. I put the one that rooted inside the taller container(3rd from the left) figuring it might do well. They do not look so healthy though. They look yellowish/pale. But we will see how it goes!

I am waiting on my delivery Chinese food.....all this tension!

Attached Files:

18. [quote name='"papasmoke"']So the other 4 seeds I put inside of the Jiffy Peat pellets. I did not do a germination process other than just plopping them inside the pellets(when they were soaked, of course). One of the seeds rooted through the bag and the other two did not. I put the one that rooted inside the taller container(3rd from the left) figuring it might do well. They do not look so healthy though. They look yellowish/pale. But we will see how it goes!

I am waiting on my delivery Chinese food.....all this tension![/quote]

Peat pellets are the wrong PH for marijuana. That's probably why you're having problems with your seedlings. The things most growers use that look like peat pellets are actually rapid rooters and are less acidic. I don't recommend any of the jiffy products for growing buds. You're better off germinating in a wet paper towel and planting them straight into dirt when they pop and have roots about an half inch long. Usually about a day after they first crack.

19. Yea, they were more of an experiment for my own. I dont plan on them doing the best, but it may happen. But i totally see your point and agree.

20. They are looking a bit more healthy. Do you think the Roots Organic soil has anything to do with it? Or maybe it just needed some light.... I do not know but atleast they look prettier.