Starting Hydroponic Room

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Sting-ray, Feb 18, 2004.

1. I have a 3.5 ft by 8 foot "secret room" built into my home. I am growing right now using soil, and while the plants look terrific, I have read that hydro is definately the way to go in terms of yield, thickness/fullness of the plants, reduced growing time. I have found snippets of plans and things, and it seems there are 500 sites devoted to hydroponics, and I read 420.com regularly. I think I have the brains and technical expertise to handle this with no problems, and have amassed a wealth of soil techniques to draw upon, BUT...

I want to grow the next crop hydroponically. I have already decided on the lighting that I will use, the ventilation, metering etc, and have put forth a lot of work into designing this chamber. I am looking for a COMPREHENSIVE WEB SOURCE for MJ hydro growing that will explain things like the mass of info on soil growing. Does anyone know if there is such a reference? I have found little things, like no photo directions on setting up a small 2 plant system etc, and the hydro sites with kits. I'd like to do it as cheaply as possible so as to invest the money in lighting, meters, pumps etc to create the best environment rather than spending it on pricey retail all together kits.

Thanks for the help, and guidance :)

2. I'll teach you about bubble buckets if you want to know how to gro that hydro technique.