Starting from scratch. help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wiseman024, Oct 28, 2008.

1. I have four seeds that i got from some dank trail of tears bud. All four seeds sank to the bottom of the water when i went to germinate them. I planted the seeds in small cups of moist soil with holes in the bottom. I used miricle grow potting mix as a temp soil untill i discover something better. The four cups are in a square dish with plastic wrap forming a cover over them to lock in moisture. I have an ott lite that i got from home depot that is about ten inches from the cups. Does anyone have any tips to help the seeds along? how much water do i give them? the seeds have been in the soil since 2:30 and its 8:10 now.

2. First, be patient. You just planted your seeds today, right? It is going to take them up to a week (or more) to break the soil. Just keep the soil moist, but not drenched and you should see your babies in a few days.

Good luck.

3. Here are some pictures of my setup.

Attached Files:

4. You are going to run out of vertical space very quickly with that setup. You should think about that once your plants start to mature.

5. Yea with that light and that space u might want to let them grow for a week or two then flower them babies out... seriously youll end up with a 2' tall plant before you know it in flowering stage