Starting Fresh

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by weemoney, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Hey hey GC coco nuts,

Was having low temp issues with my veg room and design issues in my flower room, so I have been renovating and redesigning and decided to start over from scratch.

This time around I started with a fresh 5 pack of Ace of Spades from TGA Subcool. Unfortunately only one of the seeds survived after being transplanted into Solo cups. My fault or not, I am not positive, but it is what it is. 

Currently I am using a local coco/perlite mix from a great Hydro shop here in Oregon called Bionix #5. http://www.americanag.com/flying-skull-bionix-p-1571.html

I am also giving the lucas coco formula a spin just for shit's and giggles. Currently at 4ml Micro, 6ml Grow, 5ml CalMag/gal and by the end of the week I expect to be up to the full 6/9 Micro/Grow ratio. 

I also am giving another product by flying skull a whirl called z7 which is a water cleaner and PH stabilizer that I have heard nothing but rave reviews from unbiased fellow growers. http://www.americanag.com/flying-skull-water-conditioner-treatment-p-1735.html

Current light is a Sun Blaze 2ft 4 lamp T5. 

Initial PH for the first week was 6.1 and have since worked it down to 5.8 with daily feedings.

Had gotten a little burn on the first set of leaves with the first feeding, but that has all seemed to work itself out. I also spotted a single thrip this morning, which makes a vein in my forehead protrude, but I will be treating that with some spinosad so I am not too worried.

This is 19 days from being transplanted into the coco. Please let me know if any of you have any feedback, bad or otherwise.

Attached Files:

2. They look good man, (you live and you learn) you can always try again, and again. have fun doing it!!!!!

3. #3 weemoney, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    Thanks Mstudy. I'm not too worried on the loss or the forced room redesign. As you said it's a learning experience. 

I will just end up raping this lone survivor for clones to get my stock back up to where it was previously.