Starting first lowryder #2 grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cough360, Jun 17, 2008.

1. So im just starting a lowryder grow and ive never delt with these autoflowering plant, so i need some advice dealing with some issues

My set up up is indoors i have a little growroom that ive built from wood its deminsions are w-20" h-36" l-40" and its painted white in the inside already

ive ordered the lowryder seeds from marijuana seeds.nl or somethin like that

already have ventilation and pots and a soil mix my main concern is what lights are best to grow all 10 plants with becuase i have enough room in the grow, i also already have 4 cfl 42 watt bulbs that cast 2700 lumens each and is adequate light to grow but i need to find just an overall good light for indoors and also best nutrients for a inside soil grow overall

2. I am waiting for some stuff I ordered for my grow also. I am going to grow Diesel Ryder hydroponically. I orderd the GH Floral Nova and am planning on using the Lucas formula! The posters that I have read about and even the Joint Dr. himself uses Advanced Nutrients for that strain and have got great results.

As far as lights (I asked alot of people) Use a 18-6 schedule or a 20-4 light schedule dont switch to 12/12. From what I hear it shortens the yield amount greatly. I just bought a T5 floro setup with both red and blue spectrum bulbs. I guess it will work good for this autoflowering strain. However, if you use a HPS light from the start your yields will tell the difference. I talked to enought people and read enough forums that I think I will drag my HPS out and beef up my ventilation so I can use it instead.

I hope this helps. One thing nice about waiting on equipment is that it has given me alot of time to read on autoflowering strains. :smoke:

3. hi there i have just started a lowryder mix grow. like the t5 i have a 300 watt propergation unit and 2 400 watt hps, i have grown 4 foot plants from weed to seed with the propergation unit alone, with 2 red and 2 blue tubes. obviosly hps is a beter light but cfl of the proper cfl from places like www.progrow.co.uk will also be a good idea

4. I like the set up that you have so far. The size is perfect for these plants. A couple questions though... Are you wanting to grow the 10 seeds you bought for buds this time around? The lighting you've got right now will do the trick if you are wanting to make some seeds out of them. Those of us who love the lowryder (#2, diesel, etc...) strain do have to deal with the handicap of not bein able to clone our mama's.
    But if you are going to pluck the males eventually, or keep one alive in another room for pollen, I'd add a few more CFL's, or go with the T5. A lot of CFL's can get hot very quickly. I don't own a T5 flouro system, but it seems like it would keep the box cooler in the long run... assuming that it fits.

Congrats & Good luck!

& VOTE!!!:bolt: