Starting a new grow and I need some advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FunkyBuddha420, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I'm going to be starting a small scale hydro grow here pretty soon and I need some advice. My main concern is the heat in the room. I've only ever grown one plant and I was using a 150w hps. This time I'm planning on scaling up a bit. I want to have half the room dedicated to veg'ing 6 plants and the other half of the room flowering 6 plants. I understand I need to use some bigger lights so I'm planning on using 2 lights ranging from 400w-1000w. One on each cycle. I live in an apartment building so I'm concerned about how I'm going vent the heat out of the room and bring new air in. I really don't want to have to install a whole duct system. Could I maybe just set up a couple of fans and leave the window open? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated my friends.

FunkyBuddha420

2. High there :wave: sounds like a groovy plan, I'd get a 400w MH for veg and either a 600w or 1000w HPS for flower, that will get you groovy results but you will need to vent.

Some growers vent to the window if you can make something stealthy then go for it.

Good luck

3. Are their any good sites on the web that show you how to make a stealthy cheap vent system?

4. That's a Unethical question .. .. :eek:

Look, and yee shall find .. .. :)

5. Lots of grow vids use windows, click the link to play [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3522676950230105924&ei=MR18S7jwDZqKqQPJnt2IBw&q=marijuana+grow+room&hl=en&view=3]Step by Step Grow Room setup to harvest!! Awesome Video!![/ame]#

You can copy the same kind of idea, I had to remove bricks out of my wall as I don't have a window in my grow room, using a window looks simple enough. Good luck